Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to japan from june 10th-july 2nd, and I'm trying to get comprehensive travel insurance for it. Probably Annual Worldwide Insurance excluding N.America & Canada (I think that's what most insurances do?).

Things I want it to cover:

Medical expenses
    Legal expenses
    Luggage & Personal Items
    Personal Money (cash, traveller's cheques)
    Flight cancellation & curtailment
    Catastrophes including earthquakes, tsunamis (and possibly typhoons)
    Missed Departure (including return journey)
    Missed connections (including outside of UK and on return)
    Airline/Accommodation insolvency/bankruptcy
    Departure & luggage delay
    Extra accommodation expenses due to departure delay
    Level 1 activities (I won't be doing any actvities except maybe walking in the mountains but not at high altitudes as I'm a novice)
    Mugging
    Travel documents (passport)

I want the insurance company to pay for or arrange new flights/accomodation if the companies I booked with cannot do it themselves.

What travel insurances did you take on your trips outside Europe? Is there anything you wish had been covered but wasn't?

Lonely Planet & Rough Guides both seem to recommend World Nomads, but they don't mention anything about missed departures/connections, catastrophes and don't seem very specific in their policy wording, so I don't know what they cover and what they don't? I've read on some insurance websites (I think M&S was one of them?) that they weren't covering curtailment or cancellation due to the japanese earthquake/tsunami disaster because they weren't mentioned in the policy (and not because it stated that they were NOT covered). So I don't want to take out an insurance with World Nomads and find out that I'm not covered for some things simply because they didn't mention them.

I've looked at Holiday Safe, but they don't cover missed connections or the return flights, Post Office (Premium) and Travel Essentials doesn't cover earthquakes.

ReputationRep:
    I've just read the terms and conditions of 1-Stop Travel Insurance. They seem to cover everything I listed provided you pay extra for the 'Travel Disruption Extension' extra. Can anyone confirm this? And does anyone know what the 'Money and Baggage' extra does? Does it mean that if I don't pay extra for it I can't claim for and claims related to Personal Money and Luggage/Valuables?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1547683

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.