Carol Ann Duffy Critics Watch

Victoria May
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi! Extremely frustrated AS level student here studying English Literature and has been wasting 3 hours searching for anything critical (real paid critics that is their job to critique - not student wasters giving a biased opinion) on Carol Ann Duffy. I just can't find any website or ANYTHING to quote in an exam essay on Duffy and Pugh.. at the moment, trying to do different essays based on memory, sexual connotation, love, feminism, and disturbed minds. For A01 spec, I think we HAVE to include critics to up a grade... and wasting my time on the web is really annoying me! so please help!!

Much appreciated!
TerracottaPie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm in the same position..

Try http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/jan/20/poetry.books i got a couple of quotes from there..mainly from poets or artists but i sill think you can use them.

or,

http://www.contemporarywriters.com/authors/?p=auth104

It has a whole critical analysis at the bottom.
tigermoth99
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have a look at:

Language and Structure in the Poetry of Carol Ann Duffy

Search for book reviews of Carol Ann Duffy's collections. They might be useful.

Carol Ann Duffy by Deryn Rees-Jones is also pretty good study of the poet, as is The Poetry of Carol Ann Duffy: Choosing Tough Words by Angelica Michelis and Antony Rowland (Eds), a collection of essays.
Mehroosa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Victoria May)
Hi! Extremely frustrated AS level student here studying English Literature and has been wasting 3 hours searching for anything critical (real paid critics that is their job to critique - not student wasters giving a biased opinion) on Carol Ann Duffy. I just can't find any website or ANYTHING to quote in an exam essay on Duffy and Pugh.. at the moment, trying to do different essays based on memory, sexual connotation, love, feminism, and disturbed minds. For A01 spec, I think we HAVE to include critics to up a grade... and wasting my time on the web is really annoying me! so please help!!

Much appreciated!
omg im in the same position right now and wondering if theres anything critical you found that might help me? I've searched for it on google and libraries but not big help. Mostly based on feminism and equality in the "worlds wife" collection. Thanks!!!
josephprive
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mehroosa)
omg im in the same position right now and wondering if theres anything critical you found that might help me? I've searched for it on google and libraries but not big help. Mostly based on feminism and equality in the "worlds wife" collection. Thanks!!!
I'm literally doing the same collection (worlds wife) now! Can you remember any critical sources that you found/used?
RMW97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by josephprive)
I'm literally doing the same collection (worlds wife) now! Can you remember any critical sources that you found/used?
I have just done the world's wife for coursework and have a bunch of critical quotes if you would like me to send them to you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (147)
18.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.82%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (135)
17%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (244)
30.73%

Watched Threads