Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

As I was rejected by all my Vetmed options, I am now exploring two options:

Option 1 - I get good enough A level results to reapply next year.

Option 2 - I don't get good enough A levels (I am assuming that even though they say AAB is good enough, grade boundaries and their expectations and standards would higher.) so I am now looking at the Bioveterinary/Veterinary Biosciences route.

So which is better? We don't need to fight to find that out. Here are my pros and cons, and if anyone doing the course could comment, that would be great.

I am really interested in the anatomy and Physiology side of veterinary science, so which ever one does the most anatomy and dissections gets a green tick in my book. I've heard that Glasgow does do anatomy and dissections, but how much? And at Liverpool they have a module called Animal whole design and function (BIOV 124) but I am not sure what that entails.

Liverpool is a grade easier than Glasgow (BBB cpw ABB)
    And Liverpool is a year shorter, and therefore a year cheaper.

But Glasgow has the opportunity to turn the Bsc into an Msci with a year in industry which really appeals as I have heard sone people talk about difficulty getting on the career ladder with a biovet degree.

A true tricky, sticky dilemma! What's your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    glasgow also isnt going to be 9000 a year is it? Wont it stick to its usual 3000 for english students? since scottish unis aren't doing the fees rise (yet). Obviously ive never done either of these courses, but I'd just like to say i went to Glasgow uni and it is a BRILLIANT place to live, and every member of staff ive ever met there has been brilliant and quick to sort out any problems etc. Its a really great uni to be at, i miss it so much! :-)

ReputationRep:
    i got AAB a levels and got 2 unconditional offers on my gap year so grades arent everything for vet med
    whole animal design and function is an... interesting module, its split into animal welfare, animal behaviour and animal breeding and we get lots of gueat speakers in but its not related to anatomy because we have other modules that the biovets don't get to do that are dedicated to anatomy and physiology and aimed at the veterinary profession directly
    hope that helps a little bit

ReputationRep:
    Right, so you are saying that at Licerpool, boogers don't do any anatomy and physiology? Because if that's the cas then itvcertainly narrows my options!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.