Turn on thread page Beta

One eye sees red, one eye sees blue... watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had this since I was born, I think, but nobody else seems to have a clue when I'm on about when I talk to them about it.

Basically, when I close my left eye, so my right eye can see, all the colours appear 'warmer' with a reddish tint, meanwhile when my left eye sees without my right, everything has a 'colder, blueish tint.

I'm colour-blind, red-green.

Just wondering if anyone experiences anything similar, or if this is normal and everyone has it.

It appears the most at night, when I'm half asleep and look at my clock glare. My left eye can see the light of the clock throughout my room, my right eye however cannot.

ReputationRep:
    bro same thing, i think everyone is like that except i see one eye red and one eye green

ReputationRep:
    I get it sometimes, vision in one eye has a reddish hue and in the other eye a greenish hue

First noticed it when I was about 8 years old

Not colour-blind though, well my optician's never suspected I am anyway, and I've done tests for it etc...

ReputationRep:
    It happens to me if I've had one eye closed and the other open for a while (like laying in bed and looking at my phone), but not in particular eyes, just one appears brighter than the other.

ReputationRep:
    You' be been wearing these

take em off man

ReputationRep:
    No, not everyone has it. Never heard of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    No, not everyone has it. Never heard of it.
    This, I have nothing of the sort and I'm quite surprised other people also have it.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same thing - right:blue, left:red

I have mentioned this to a few people and no one has ever understood me, I'm not colour blind but I've always attributed it to being hit in the eye with a tennis ball when I was about 10 (8 yrs ago so if it is this it's not going away) which caused my retina to detach and bleed (not nice), but maybe it's something else then, seeing as I'm not actually the only one?

ReputationRep:
    I've not got that, but it sounds quite interesting. (What happens when you do wear glasses with coloured lenses? Is it like having two coloured overlays in the glasses instead of one?)

Myself, my brain can't put the images from both eyes together properly, so I can't see in 3D :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    noticed how all the males who posted seem to have it and the females dont.. i dont have it either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the realist)
    bro same thing, i think everyone is like that except i see one eye red and one eye green
    Actually no. Nobody has two identical eyes but mine have no colour tint difference at all. Instead I have an astigmatism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    Myself, my brain can't put the images from both eyes together properly, so I can't see in 3D :awesome:
    Nor can I, the last time I watched a 3D movie I had a massive headache and nausea for hours afterwards. I love 3D films though, I hope this can be cured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MutantGecko)
    noticed how all the males who posted seem to have it and the females dont.. i dont have it either
    Men are far more likely to be colour blind than women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Men are far more likely to be colour blind than women.
    i know...

ReputationRep:
    My eyes are like that. I always notice it at night when I'm looking at my window when I'm in bed. One red, one blue. I'm not colour blind though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebmaj7)
    I've had this since I was born, I think, but nobody else seems to have a clue when I'm on about when I talk to them about it.

Basically, when I close my left eye, so my right eye can see, all the colours appear 'warmer' with a reddish tint, meanwhile when my left eye sees without my right, everything has a 'colder, blueish tint.

I'm colour-blind, red-green.

Just wondering if anyone experiences anything similar, or if this is normal and everyone has it.

It appears the most at night, when I'm half asleep and look at my clock glare. My left eye can see the light of the clock throughout my room, my right eye however cannot.
    I think it is something to do with the way one eye regulates light. This happens to me when I go to bed an turn the light off and start playing with my iphone. I'll lie on my side with my head on the pillow with one eye closed and one eye looking at my phone. After a few min when i go to put my phone away ill open both eye and it seems that one eye is reddish and the other is bluish. And the bluish one can see a lot better in the dark because it was closed but the red one can barely see in the dark.

So maybe it's just one eye cannot regulate/adapt to light properly (most likely the blue one).

ReputationRep:
    This may sound strange because I am female and I also experience this. No one seems to understand me when I tell them that my left eye sees tint of cool blue colour and right eye tint of warm colour. I hope there's a scientific explanation of what this is.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2012
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.