The Student Room Group

One eye sees red, one eye sees blue...

I've had this since I was born, I think, but nobody else seems to have a clue when I'm on about when I talk to them about it.

Basically, when I close my left eye, so my right eye can see, all the colours appear 'warmer' with a reddish tint, meanwhile when my left eye sees without my right, everything has a 'colder, blueish tint.

I'm colour-blind, red-green.

Just wondering if anyone experiences anything similar, or if this is normal and everyone has it. :tongue:

It appears the most at night, when I'm half asleep and look at my clock glare. My left eye can see the light of the clock throughout my room, my right eye however cannot.
(edited 13 years ago)
bro same thing, i think everyone is like that except i see one eye red and one eye green
I get it sometimes, vision in one eye has a reddish hue and in the other eye a greenish hue

First noticed it when I was about 8 years old

Not colour-blind though, well my optician's never suspected I am anyway, and I've done tests for it etc...
Reply 3
It happens to me if I've had one eye closed and the other open for a while (like laying in bed and looking at my phone), but not in particular eyes, just one appears brighter than the other.
You' be been wearing these

take em off man
No, not everyone has it. Never heard of it.
Reply 6
Original post by Pink Bullets
No, not everyone has it. Never heard of it.

This, I have nothing of the sort and I'm quite surprised other people also have it.
I have the same thing - right:blue, left:red

I have mentioned this to a few people and no one has ever understood me, I'm not colour blind but I've always attributed it to being hit in the eye with a tennis ball when I was about 10 (8 yrs ago so if it is this it's not going away) which caused my retina to detach and bleed (not nice), but maybe it's something else then, seeing as I'm not actually the only one?
Reply 8
I've not got that, but it sounds quite interesting. (What happens when you do wear glasses with coloured lenses? Is it like having two coloured overlays in the glasses instead of one?)

Myself, my brain can't put the images from both eyes together properly, so I can't see in 3D :awesome:
noticed how all the males who posted seem to have it and the females dont.. i dont have it either
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by the realist
bro same thing, i think everyone is like that except i see one eye red and one eye green

Actually no. Nobody has two identical eyes but mine have no colour tint difference at all. Instead I have an astigmatism. :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by kerily
Myself, my brain can't put the images from both eyes together properly, so I can't see in 3D :awesome:

Nor can I, the last time I watched a 3D movie I had a massive headache and nausea for hours afterwards. I love 3D films though:colondollar:, I hope this can be cured.
Original post by MutantGecko
noticed how all the males who posted seem to have it and the females dont.. i dont have it either

Men are far more likely to be colour blind than women.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Men are far more likely to be colour blind than women.

i know...
My eyes are like that. I always notice it at night when I'm looking at my window when I'm in bed. One red, one blue. I'm not colour blind though.
Reply 15
I think it is something to do with the way one eye regulates light. This happens to me when I go to bed an turn the light off and start playing with my iphone. I'll lie on my side with my head on the pillow with one eye closed and one eye looking at my phone. After a few min when i go to put my phone away ill open both eye and it seems that one eye is reddish and the other is bluish. And the bluish one can see a lot better in the dark because it was closed but the red one can barely see in the dark.

So maybe it's just one eye cannot regulate/adapt to light properly (most likely the blue one).
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
This may sound strange because I am female and I also experience this. No one seems to understand me when I tell them that my left eye sees tint of cool blue colour and right eye tint of warm colour. I hope there's a scientific explanation of what this is.
I have had this since I was young as well. My left sees blue and my right sees red. Very subtle. But always there

Latest