Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey, i was just wondering, if the NHS pay for your tuition are you legally binded to them? is there a minimum time you have to work for them after you have finished your degree? i'm just wondering because i want to take a gap year and i'm not sure if i'd be allowed to or not, and also if i wanted to work abroad (nurses in austraila get double the pay!) at any point would i be allowed? and therfore if i wasn't is it worth them paying for my tuition or not... thoughts? thanks in advance its muchly appreciated i cant seem to find anything abut it on the NHS pages or on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellabee)
    hey, i was just wondering, if the NHS pay for your tuition are you legally binded to them? is there a minimum time you have to work for them after you have finished your degree? i'm just wondering because i want to take a gap year and i'm not sure if i'd be allowed to or not, and also if i wanted to work abroad (nurses in austraila get double the pay!) at any point would i be allowed? and therfore if i wasn't is it worth them paying for my tuition or not... thoughts? thanks in advance its muchly appreciated i cant seem to find anything abut it on the NHS pages or on here
    No, you aren't making any employment contract with the NHS when you accept tuition fees from them. You can work where ever you like, as long as your qualification is transferable to the country you want to work in. You'll do your placements in NHS settings anyway, so it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    No, you aren't making any employment contract with the NHS when you accept tuition fees from them. You can work where ever you like, as long as your qualification is transferable to the country you want to work in. You'll do your placements in NHS settings anyway, so it doesn't matter.
    thank you if you dont mind me asking, how do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellabee)
    thank you if you dont mind me asking, how do you know?
    I actually found it in a book rather than online. It was a book published to show an outline of all the health courses out there, and there was a section on funding.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.