Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On my acceptane letter, it reads "Maintain ur current academic standard and obtain the IB diploma" I was accepted with a predicted score of 36/42 points.

Im worried that i might not be able to get the same score in my final exams, and then ill lose the offer

Can anyone clarify this?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you email them and ask?

ReputationRep:
    tehy havent replied yet.
    there offices are closed today so i cant call either. plus it costs me a lot to call them, since i live internationally

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on how much your IB score will drop. As long as you achieve your IB diploma and get above a 34 you should be alright. My friend had a high IB predicted score, but he didn't do as well as expected, he still ended up going to McGill. I don't know if this would be different for international students or not.
    If you don't get the IB diploma, or If your grades drop below a 30, you wouldn't be accepted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessie6693)
    It all depends on how much your IB score will drop. As long as you achieve your IB diploma and get above a 34 you should be alright. My friend had a high IB predicted score, but he didn't do as well as expected, he still ended up going to McGill. I don't know if this would be different for international students or not.
    If you don't get the IB diploma, or If your grades drop below a 30, you wouldn't be accepted.
    thanks for the reply. wud u happen to knw how much he was predicted, and what his final score was exactly? Also, wat course did he apply to?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    He was applying to do sciences, I think he was predicted a 38 but he got a 34. So it was like a 4 point drop, but McGill will usually take IB students if they have a score of 32 or higher.

ReputationRep:
    I think as long as you dont monumentally F*** up your finals they will accept you, I'm currently in the same position for Arts. I went to the international student meeting in London by Mcgill last week and everything they said was extremely positive towards the IB diploma as a whole. Just the fact that by doing the IB means you enter straight into 'U1' (effectively 1st year) rather than 'U0' (like a foundation year) shows that they WANT and recognise IB students, as they should. So I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you are very sure you will miss your predictions by a long way, and even then give them a ring and who knows.

ReputationRep:
    bump

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.