Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On my acceptane letter, it reads "Maintain ur current academic standard and obtain the IB diploma" I was accepted with a predicted score of 36/42 points.

Im worried that i might not be able to get the same score in my final exams, and then ill lose the offer

Can anyone clarify this?

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is currently attending McGill, and most of my friends are at uni in the States/Canada. The way I understand it, Canadian and American universities don't really care how you do in your final year after you receive your offer, as long as you don't have a noticeable drop in grades or suddenly have discipline issues. It's not like in the UK where they say you have to make a specific grade, or else it's unlikely you'll get in. As long as you get your diploma and get around your predicted score, you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelsnowflakes)
    My best friend is currently attending McGill, and most of my friends are at uni in the States/Canada. The way I understand it, Canadian and American universities don't really care how you do in your final year after you receive your offer, as long as you don't have a noticeable drop in grades or suddenly have discipline issues. It's not like in the UK where they say you have to make a specific grade, or else it's unlikely you'll get in. As long as you get your diploma and get around your predicted score, you should be fine
    thanks!

but 'getting the diploma' means getting 24/42 points in the finals, which is considered as a significant drop from my predicted score which is 36.

Can you please clarify what you mean by significant drop?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    dude just send them an email to clarify

ReputationRep:
    dude i did. They just said the same thing as the letter... 'maintain your current academic standards'

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, dude. It's 24 points...it's almost too easy, huh?

ReputationRep:
    Some people have told me i only need 24, but some have said around 34.

But honestly i cant believe it to be 24, that would be a 12 POINT drop! It would be unconditional, but mcigll make it seem like its conditional.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Man of the Hour)
    Trust me, dude. It's 24 points...it's almost too easy, huh?
    how are you so sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by --Butters--)
    how are you so sure
    How did you do? Applying to McGill with IB now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.