The Student Room Group

Is it normal to be this close to a friend?

Met this girl in at the start of uni last September and we just got on immediately and 6/7 months on and we've just got closer and closer to the extent that we are basically always together, we even nap together. Tbh I don't think I even spent this amount of time with my ex boyfriend when we were together.

Is this weird?
just become a lesbian.
Reply 2
Im close to my friends.. i do everything with some of them.. we have sleepovers(im not sure if that includes napping together) im in highschool(year10) and i think its normal?
If it doesn't feel weird to you then it isn't weird.
Reply 4
I dunno it's just that we spend basically every waking moment together. If I don't see her for so much as a day I genuinely miss her.
shes waiting for you to make the move! do it mate
Reply 6
Original post by neiljeff123
shes waiting for you to make the move! do it mate

Errrrr dont think so mate :smile:
Reply 7
I think you should have sex with her, tape it and send it to me so I can evaluate whether your relationship is purely friendship, or if there is a sexual attraction. :holmes:

Remember to use toys, double ended dildo, strap on etc...
This just sounds like close friendship, be wary of the other person's intentions, but I can't see why this would be incredibly unusual. I get on about as well with a friend of mine, although I have known him for longer (18 months-ish).
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Met this girl in at the start of uni last September and we just got on immediately and 6/7 months on and we've just got closer and closer to the extent that we are basically always together, we even nap together. Tbh I don't think I even spent this amount of time with my ex boyfriend when we were together.

Is this weird?

I don't think it is weird. I was really close to a guy friend like that, we spent so much time together. There was nothing romantic about it though. We were just very similar and enjoyed each others company.
probably transsexual

Is this weird?

She is just a good close friend as long as you don't do anything extra cof cof if you do then become what the second post suggested.
Original post by U.S Lecce
I think you should have sex with her, tape it and send it to me so I can evaluate whether your relationship is purely friendship, or if there is a sexual attraction. :holmes:

Remember to use toys, double ended dildo, strap on etc...

Could this 'joke' be any more boring?
Reply 13
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo

Oh I'm sure it is possible:wink:

Is this weird?

No it's completely normal. I'm the same with one of my girl mates and we've lived together for 2 years now so we spend a lot of time together. It's not like I wanna **** her or anything so as long as you don't then I guess it's "normal".
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo

Is it even a joke?? :smile:
Reply 16
I dunno it's just that we spend basically every waking moment together. If I don't see her for so much as a day I genuinely miss her.

I am in exactly the same situation - this is pretty normal. Granted I have known the person for a bit longer (under 2 years though), but I don't think you should worry at all - this is just a close friendship.
My best mate at uni and I are like this, we're pretty inseparable. Even though we don't look similar at all, people are always getting our names wrong. People ask me/her "where's your twin?" when we're alone. We were always this close, but now in our 4th year of uni when most of our friends have graduated, it's even more obvious. I'm just very grateful to have such a wonderful friend I get on so well with to be honest.
I do all of that with my best friend

Quick Reply