Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Mini-Pill question (or if you know how to bring a period on) watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying at a friend's this Thursday, and I'm meant to come on today, haven't yet, am considering taking some of my Cerazette from a while back - will that stop my period?

If anyone knows how to just bring a period on, great, if I started now I could be finished by Thursday

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You can't force a period. The more you stress, the longer it will take.

I know, I hate it too, my period is really irregular. Which is why I am permanently on the pill even though I'm single.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)
    I'm staying at a friend's this Thursday, and I'm meant to come on today, haven't yet, am considering taking some of my Cerazette from a while back - will that stop my period?

If anyone knows how to just bring a period on, great, if I started now I could be finished by Thursday

Thanks.
    Not much you can do now I'm afraid - If you are meant to come on today then taking cerazette now probably won't help.

ReputationRep:
    Why you on the pill if you are a lesbian? Or am I missing something?

Not sure if this is just me, but I sometimes find doing lots of sport or drinking herbal tea makes my periods come sooner. Might not work, but you could always give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDirty)
    People also go on the pill to control irregular or excessively heavy periods, for acne prevention and to sort hormonal problems. (My GP looks at the pill as a cure-all for every dilemma, which is quite irritating really; I've told her I'm not sexually active with men and she still thinks I should take it to clear up my acne, irregular periods, depression and gender issues. I really don't think it's that much of a magical wonder cure )

Plus, OP's info says she's pansexual, thus she might sleep with men too.

ReputationRep:
    1.I'm not a lesbian. You really shouldn't assume.
    2. The Pill is used for other reasons than contraception :rolleyes:

Everyone else, thanks It's annoying but you're right, taking the Cerazette probably would make little difference.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could just go straight onto the next packet of pills and miss the bleed this time? Guess it depends how many days you've been on the 'break' for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)
    1.I'm not a lesbian. You really shouldn't assume.
    2. The Pill is used for other reasons than contraception :rolleyes:

Everyone else, thanks It's annoying but you're right, taking the Cerazette probably would make little difference.
    Sorry - didn't mean to offend (if I did).
    Ah okay - moment of stupidity from me considering the fact I am in fourth year of pharmacology and I do know the other uses of the pill.. Oops - I'm a fanny.

Sorry for the lesbian assumption, never heard of pansexual that before and just googled. Learned something today. Thanks :L

ReputationRep:
    Sorry - didn't mean to offend (if I did).
    Ah okay - moment of stupidity from me considering the fact I am in fourth year of pharmacology and I do know the other uses of the pill.. Oops - I'm a fanny.

Sorry for the lesbian assumption, never heard of pansexual that before and just googled. Learned something today. Thanks :L
    No, don't worry, you didn't.
    I don't expect everyone to know Pan, it's not even in my sig, but you clearly just looked at the Emma Watson sig and assumed, that's why I said it Not in an offended way, just in a consider-all-options-before-assuming-please way

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.