Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

These Wasps and Bees are annoying. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hornets are the one you have to watch out for. I see a few here and there. They're either hornets or bloody big wasps. o_0

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified of them. My windows don't get opened during the summer, ever. Rather be boiling than have to fight off a wasp or bee.

Once my dad found one in the bathroom sink and somehow managed to put the plug in, run some water on it and grab it with some tweezers. Then he made it "swim" around for a bit and you could see it stinging furiously at nothing. It died a slow, painful death.

ReputationRep:
    Seconded.

I want to find a way to destroy all wasps.....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I used to work at a paintball site, and in the summer it was almost ALWAYS my job to empty the bins 'cause there were so many wasps around them (and the guys were scared).

If you don't bother them, they won't bother you. I went an entire summer without being stung and they were EVERYWHERE. Working outside isn't necessarily a benefit in the summer :p:

My big tip is if one comes near you, either stand stock still or move very slowly away. No sharp or quick movements.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind bees, since their life has a purpose.

Wasps on the other hand are pointless *******s which only exist to cause hell. Same goes for mosquitos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I don't mind bees, since their life has a purpose.

Wasps on the other hand are pointless *******s which only exist to cause hell. Same goes for mosquitos.
    second that!

ReputationRep:
    have fun waiting for the wasps to fly into space in the room then taking them out with my cricket bat. Kills them in one hit, pretty satisfying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Bees are ok, they mostly just want to get on with their pollination and leave humans alone.

Wasps on the other hand, are there to be slaughtered quickly and without mercy.
    Of course, the problem is with wasps that when you kill a wasp others come along to get revenge, it's like a war...

ReputationRep:
    I hear the government's using them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh_Dey)

:lolz:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh_Dey)

Wasps would probably conquer the world if they were that size.

ReputationRep:
    We seem to have a wasp nest in the overhanging roof-section above our kitchen window. Consequently, we have so many of them flying in.

Back in September/October, there were lots of them in the kitchen but they were dying. The current onslaught are big and are definitely not about to die.

We've taken to keeping the windows closed because there is no other way of keeping them out. Annoying when you are in a south-facing top floor flat [ie. a really warm flat lol].

ReputationRep:
    I've been terrified of wasps since I got stung by one when I was 3, it honestly was one of the worst experiences of my life. And I'm also afraid of bees seeing as they can sting- my Dad told me of how he was stung by a bee when he was very small, on both eyelids- he was left blind for 6 months.

When I see anything that might resemble a wasp I usually scream for my Mum/Dad who find the flyspray. I'd be scared if I did it myself then if I missed the wasp would get even more angry and sting me. I refuse to have windows open- I'd rather be hot than have uninvited visitors.

ReputationRep:
    I woulodn't kill a Bee, and they tend not to sting you. Wasps, however, should be killed at every oppertunity, and should be killed at every oppertunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    I woulodn't kill a Bee, and they tend not to sting you. Wasps, however, should be killed at every oppertunity, and should be killed at every oppertunity.
    So should illiterate humans.

ReputationRep:
    They're flyin in your windows
    They're stingin your people up
    Tryna sting em so y'all need to
    Hide your kids, hide your wife
    And hide your husband cuz they're stingin everybody out here

ReputationRep:
    Actually wasps could be quite useful, pretty sure I read somewhere they can be trained to sniff any type of smell out and it only takes like 15 mins!! They can smell drugs for instance lol, imagine being that poor drug dealer and you not only get caught by the police but also get stung.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2...est_friend.htm

ReputationRep:
    Anyone actually been stung by one before? Such a unique pain.. Horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    So should illiterate humans.
    As should insecure people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlindestPilot)
    Anyone actually been stung by one before? Such a unique pain.. Horrible.
    Yes. I went pale and dizzy.

I wouldn't mind them as much is their sting was like a nip from some other bug.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.