Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Improving a lot in a short space of time on SS? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    After Friday's workout i truly believe in myself with S.S. as a routine. My squat has jumped up so much since i started on 40kg. I wrote a thread here where i stressed out on the deadlift, but it turns out it was just fatigue that made me unable to lift that much on a particular bad day. So, i went back in the gym and i beasted it.

Really excited about my bench, i'm on 65kg 3x5 at the minute, but i can really see an onslaught coming and me beasting it up to 100kg 3x5 relatively quickly. I've found how vital the military press is and dips in amping the bench up.

So, now i think i'm over the initial learning curve and ready to really beast it up.

Anyone else ever been in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mirin?)
    After Friday's workout i truly believe in myself with S.S. as a routine. My squat has jumped up so much since i started on 40kg. I wrote a thread here where i stressed out on the deadlift, but it turns out it was just fatigue that made me unable to lift that much on a particular bad day. So, i went back in the gym and i beasted it.

Really excited about my bench, i'm on 65kg 3x5 at the minute, but i can really see an onslaught coming and me beasting it up to 100kg 3x5 relatively quickly. I've found how vital the military press is and dips in amping the bench up.

So, now i think i'm over the initial learning curve and ready to really beast it up.

Anyone else ever been in the same boat?
    Tbh on SS my lifts all were flying up for the first 6 weeks or so then kind of slammed into a wall and the increase slowed to almost nothing... ?They're still going up but nothing like as quick as they once were...

If you're benching 65 atm i'd say 100 is still gonna be a long way off... 80 is acheiveable in the relative short term though...

ReputationRep:
    Um. I wouldn't get too eager about 100. 80 in 4 months. 100 in atleast 10 months/year. Unless you start taking creatine/additional (legal) supplements.

(Original post by whiplash)
    Unless you start taking creatine/additional (legal) supplements.
    creatine is illegal brah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mirin?)

lol good luck with that, my bench has been stuck on 70 for about 5 weeks now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    The secret ingredient, is crime!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)
    creatine is illegal brah
    You what. There's a lot of legal supps out there that really push your limits during training and are great for recovery + strength. Just watch out for 1,3-d (don't know if you're into this but also known as methylhexanamine) and other WADA illegal stims creeping into pre w/o supps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    You're doing something wrong if that's the case and you're not injured/something similar. Deload or just do something different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blind Monk)
    You're doing something wrong if that's the case and you're not injured/something similar. Deload or just do something different.
    any tips? its starting to piss me off

ReputationRep:
    Kind of depends on what you're doing/what you bench for. Technique helps so a moderate arch/scaps retracted bench is probably suitable even for bodybuilding applications though. Look into Dave Tate's So you think you can bench series (don't get too caught up in the tuck/flare debate but you need to retract your scapulae for safety reasons.)

In terms of programming, you should probably deload some. In terms of programming, I don't know what you're doing (apart from the fact you're on some kind of bodypart split) so dunno really.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.