Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, bit of a long shot here, has anyone owned a Kawasaki KMX 125 (or any KMX) before and are they any good??

I was thinking about getting one and wanted to know what people think about them and what problems they have had with them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyD66)
    Ok, bit of a long shot here, has anyone owned a Kawasaki KMX 125 (or any KMX) before and are they any good??

I was thinking about getting one and wanted to know what people think about them and what problems they have had with them?
    First off, you'll probably get more answers if you post this in the Motorbike Society thread.

Secondly, are you looking to buy it to ride on or off road? If you're looking for something that you can ride on a CBT and want to use mainly off road then its a great little bike.

If however you're looking to ride it mainly on road before getting your full bike license then I strongly advise you to look at something else.

ReputationRep:

No, none of the regular motorbike riders on here have ridden a KMX125 i think...
    (Although Landy had a offroady 125, can't remember which)

What will you be using the bike for in general and we can offer some recomendations???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    No, none of the regular motorbike riders on here have ridden a KMX125 i think...
    (Although Landy had a offroady 125, can't remember which)

What will you be using the bike for in general and we can offer some recomendations???
    I'm just looking for a bike to ride on the road. Thought a crosser would be nice because they are quite big bikes for a 125. Was also looking at a Honda CG125 as I've heard they are nice, reliable little bikes.

I would appreciate any advice or recommendations as I don't know that much about bikes.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'm just looking for a bike to ride on the road. Thought a crosser would be nice because they are quite big bikes for a 125. Was also looking at a Honda CG125 as I've heard they are nice, reliable little bikes.

I would appreciate any advice or recommendations as I don't know that much about bikes.

Cheers
    I had a Yamaha DT125 which is a crosser style bike as that was alright. Mine was about 20+ years old and ran alright most of the time...

Tbh most of the 125s from the big 4 jap companies(honda/Suzuki/Kwak/Yam) are very similiar in terms of engine... It doesn't make much difference hwich one you pick as long as you stick to them.

Whatever you do don't go for a cheapo chinese bike because it will look the same and be half the porice but 6 months later you'll be left with a pile of rusty crap and will have to then go buy a decent bike... Not worth it..

Check out the OP of the motorbike society thread..
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1446138

That has some basic info on motorbikes etc and if you wanna know more if you ask in that thread you'll get more responses...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    I had a Yamaha DT125 which is a crosser style bike as that was alright. Mine was about 20+ years old and ran alright most of the time...

Tbh most of the 125s from the big 4 jap companies(honda/Suzuki/Kwak/Yam) are very similiar in terms of engine... It doesn't make much difference hwich one you pick as long as you stick to them.

Whatever you do don't go for a cheapo chinese bike because it will look the same and be half the porice but 6 months later you'll be left with a pile of rusty crap and will have to then go buy a decent bike... Not worth it..

Check out the OP of the motorbike society thread..
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1446138

That has some basic info on motorbikes etc and if you wanna know more if you ask in that thread you'll get more responses...
    Cool, I'll check that thread out.

Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:

Cheers
    How tall are you?

If you're anything over about 6'2 then I recommend the Honda Varadero 125.

It is pretty much the same size as the 1000cc version, is a sit up riding style, very comfy, handles well enough and is a very nice bike to learn on.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only about 5'8!! I'm not to keen on the look of the Varadero and they're not that cheap. I'm just looking for a cheep runabout really

ReputationRep:
    I'm only about 5'8!! I'm not to keen on the look of the Varadero and they're not that cheap. I'm just looking for a cheep runabout really
    If you're only 5' 8 then you may struggle on some of the crossers tbh...

Not sure about all of them but i'm 5'9/10 and i often struggle to ride some motoX style bikes... think the 125s are slightly shorter but they're still tall and if you're new and not confident it can be bad...

CG125 is still your best bet overall...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 11, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.