Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok been weight lifting for about a year now pretty hardcore 4times a week (minium 4 sometimes 7 days on without a rest day very stupid beleive me i know)
    Over the last 4 months my wrists have been sore without any relief the pain just wont go away. My wrists are constantly clicking and the pain actually spreads down my arm now. Went to see my gp he told me I have no nerve damage but i could be developing RACKET ELBOW/TENNIS ELBOW basically starting this thread looking for any1 thats had problems like this from weightlifting and any tips/advice would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiscoPigeon)
    Ok been weight lifting for about a year now pretty hardcore 4times a week (minium 4 sometimes 7 days on without a rest day very stupid beleive me i know)
    Over the last 4 months my wrists have been sore without any relief the pain just wont go away. My wrists are constantly clicking and the pain actually spreads down my arm now. Went to see my gp he told me I have no nerve damage but i could be developing RACKET ELBOW/TENNIS ELBOW basically starting this thread looking for any1 thats had problems like this from weightlifting and any tips/advice would be appreciated.
    i'm currently having this problem atm

ReputationRep:
    I had this, then it went away :awesome:

Do barbell wrist curls full extension, make yourself a wrist curler, strengthen them

ReputationRep:
    Don't waste your time with any gimmicky wrist-strengthening exercises, especially not wrist curls. You're probably doing something wrong. Think about what's putting strain on your wrists. If it's from pressing, it's probably either a form issue or (less likely, I think) from repetitive heavy loading - in which case you might want to think about getting a pair of wrist wraps.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by DiscoPigeon)
    Do you have pain on the outer side of your elbow? If you try to straighten your arm whilst someone is pushing against it (trying to stop you straightening your arm) do you have pain? Tennis elbow is a problem with the elbow, so I don't see why you'd have wrist pain if that was the problem

ReputationRep:
    Use an E-Z barbell for heavy weights - it puts far less strain on your wrists
    http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=e-z...w=1408&bih=915

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.