Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My ex of 5 of years cheated on me over the net, met a girl and is in a relationship with her a week after our split. He has said he would still like to be friends and wants to meet up twice next week. What is going on?

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    he's an A**hole excuse my french. If he would move on so soon he's not worth the time. I say drop all contact tbh before it can get hurtful for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My ex of 5 of years cheated on me over the net, met a girl and is in a relationship with her a week after our split. He has said he would still like to be friends and wants to meet up twice next week. What is going on?
    that doesn't sound right never mind the being friends part...

ReputationRep:
    He wants sex. I suggest you spred 'em young lady.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps he still has feelings for you, or he doesn't want to lose you completely so would rather have you as a friend than nothing :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I can think of a few things but the 'twice next week' bit sounds a bit dodgey.
    -He might want to be friends again
    -He might want to talk about the break-up and how he's been feeling specificially.
    -He might want to back up the idea of being friends and feels like mentioning meeting up twice next week confirms this and will make you believe it.
    -He might feel quilty about what he's done and wants to make it up/make sure you're okay.
    -He might miss you and doesn't want you out of his life completly.

I'd say cut all contact with him, whatever he wants I don't think it sounds very positive. I'd stay well away if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    he's a player. can't stick to one girl. i'd cut off all contact before you get hurt; because he will hurt you, and he'll also hurt the other girl hes with. tell his new gf & maybe she'll ditch him. then he'll be a complete loser. oh & the twice next week sounds like a friends with benefits kinda thing going on.. dont be the bit on the side.. you're more than that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.