Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, I received an email from PwC stating this

"if you do not receive an email response from us within 24 hours of completing the tests, please log back into your account and ensure you have completed all of the tests before contacting the team. "

However, I still have heard nothing. I am sure I completed the tests, but no news. Shall I call them on Monday?

Or do you think they process online tests during the weekend?

Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    How was it? i need to do one as well but scared as hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astudentinneed)
    pretty hard and long . I did horribly badly and just need them to stop torturing me and just inform me that I hav failed.

TIP: make sure you are familiar with graphs/charts.... and read ALL the info and understand it, even the little text under the graph.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry - they are pretty slow sometimes. Also, I am sure they don't work over the weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    Hello guys, I received an email from PwC stating this

"if you do not receive an email response from us within 24 hours of completing the tests, please log back into your account and ensure you have completed all of the tests before contacting the team. "

However, I still have heard nothing. I am sure I completed the tests, but no news. Shall I call them on Monday?

Or do you think they process online tests during the weekend?

Thanks a lot.
    If you did the test today or yesterday, I imagine they will email you tomorrow to let you know. If they haven't emailed you tomorrow, give them a ring on Tuesday. I failed PWC tests and they emailed me pretty quickly (same day) after finishing the tests. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    pretty hard and long . I did horribly badly and just need them to stop torturing me and just inform me that I hav failed.

TIP: make sure you are familiar with graphs/charts.... and read ALL the info and understand it, even the little text under the graph.
    was it the 20 minutes long one?

im freaking bricking it

ReputationRep:
    was it the 20 minutes long one?

im freaking bricking it
    there are two: logical reasoning and numerical reasoning one. Honestly, I wish I revised maths. I spent my time preparing for the second one!!!!

Also, it says you don't have to take them at the same time (in one sitting), but that's so false. I meant to only sit the logical reasoning one, log out and then do the rest after preparing sufficiently for the numerical test. BUT, the first test was student talent questionnaire, then numerical, then logical and then personality.

Grrrr, I wish I had prepared for both and then done the two tests together. I ended up guessing probably all of the numerical questions!!!!

Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    there are two: logical reasoning and numerical reasoning one. Honestly, I wish I revised maths. I spent my time preparing for the second one!!!!

Also, it says you don't have to take them at the same time (in one sitting), but that's so false. I meant to only sit the logical reasoning one, log out and then do the rest after preparing sufficiently for the numerical test. BUT, the first test was student talent questionnaire, then numerical, then logical and then personality.

Grrrr, I wish I had prepared for both and then done the two tests together. I ended up guessing probably all of the numerical questions!!!!

Oh well.
    oh god, not making me feel good. student talent and personality!? can you fail those!?

how was the logical?

and what is this for? i just want an insight day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinotopiaisawful)
    If you did the test today or yesterday, I imagine they will email you tomorrow to let you know. If they haven't emailed you tomorrow, give them a ring on Tuesday. I failed PWC tests and they emailed me pretty quickly (same day) after finishing the tests. Good luck!
    so is no news good news?

I am quite sure I failed as I guessed all of the numerical questions due to not understanding the data and maybe even the questions.

What day did you do your test?
    Maybe it was a working day and they were at work, so they could get back to you quite fast.

Do you know of people who had to wait for a week only to get rejected?

ReputationRep:
    oh god, not making me feel good. student talent and personality!? can you fail those!?

how was the logical?

and what is this for? i just want an insight day
    you don't need to do tests for the insight day. I attended one in 2009 and was not required to do anything other than fill in an application form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    you don't need to do tests for the insight day. I attended one in 2009 and was not required to do anything other than fill in an application form.
    well, i do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    so is no news good news?

I am quite sure I failed as I guessed all of the numerical questions due to not understanding the data and maybe even the questions.

What day did you do your test?
    Maybe it was a working day and they were at work, so they could get back to you quite fast.

Do you know of people who had to wait for a week only to get rejected?
    I have applied to PwC twice - the first time they got back to me at each stage very quickly but i ultimately failed at the AC. The second time they got back to me very late at every stage but I ultimately got an offer (although in took them 10 days after the AC to tell me...) Do not worry about time lengths - they mean nothing and they will let you know either way.

ReputationRep:
    well, i do

are you sure it's an insight day? maybe it's an insight academy?

I really don't understand. What office is it for and for what line exactly?

ReputationRep:
    You cannot really fail student talent and the personality ones - and if you do then I promise you that you would not like working there! It is to see how you react to workplace decisions (if its the same as the ones I did which I assume they are). If therefore they don't like the way you react better know now than spend your first year getting disciplined!

I am sure nobody fails though who has researched what the company and industry is like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    are you sure it's an insight day? maybe it's an insight academy?

I really don't understand. What office is it for and for what line exactly?
    Insight day
    16/05/2011 PricewaterhouseCoopers Embankment Place London WC2N 6RH

ReputationRep:
    oh well, time to start now. hopefully will be alright

ReputationRep:
    Insight day
    16/05/2011 PricewaterhouseCoopers Embankment Place London WC2N 6RH
    I really don't get why they require you to do the tests. It's only 1 day.

Bu tbest of luck and make sure you are fully confident in percentages and converting before you attempt the test.

ReputationRep:
    oh well, time to start now. hopefully will be alright
    wait, don;t start if you don't feel confident. prepare some more.

ReputationRep:
    definitely do some revision before them. Even if you are good at maths, it is worth doing practice tests before you do the proper one. It really is because the tests are quite different to a level maths. Basically, google "numerical reasoning tests" and you should see a lot of free tests you can do that are similar to the real ones. Look at Kent uni as well for guidance on how to approach them.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    wait, don;t start if you don't feel confident. prepare some more.
    tried the shl ones at the very beginning, got 44% which is okay. they initally gave like a 5 day deadline but i didnt do it, so they extended it. i have to do it now or i will never do it

and i dont think these exams are ones that you can feel confident in them

and it's only an insight day

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.