Turn on thread page Beta

how long to hear back after online tests? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astudentinneed)
    Insight day
    16/05/2011 PricewaterhouseCoopers Embankment Place London WC2N 6RH
    They've started online tests for Insight Days from 2011.

I applied in 2010, places were full, got a spot in early 2011 without doing the test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krebs)
    They've started online tests for Insight Days from 2011.

I applied in 2010, places were full, got a spot in early 2011 without doing the test.

so they didnt make a mistake

ReputationRep:
    Get used to it, you're going to be doing a lot more of them if you want a grad job

ReputationRep:
    Personality questionnaire are the weirdest exams ever, i cant tell what they wanted

all the options describe me in some ways

i mean, who doesnt get nervous before an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Personality questionnaire are the weirdest exams ever, i cant tell what they wanted

all the options describe me in some ways

i mean, who doesnt get nervous before an interview?
    someone told me they want to see how consisten you are with your responses: do you choose 'most likely to feel uncomfortable in new situations' and then contradict yourself later on?

i think i contradicted myself on some occasions as I really did not know what to pick.

how did it go in the end?

ReputationRep:
    well, the student talent went okay i think, even though i've now forgotten

i think, think, the numerical went okay, had to guess a few i think, and the practice question was much harder for some reason which is a bonus

the diagrammatic was okay at first but then got super super hard at the end. couldnt answer all those questions

personality was weird and i think i contradicted a lot. similar options keep popping up

ReputationRep:
    how did you find them all?

ReputationRep:
    how did you find them all?
    i preferred the logical reasoning test and quite disliked the personality questionaire and numerical reasoning.
    I'm glad it's just for an internship!!!

Will prepare much, much harder when I apply for a graduate position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    i preferred the logical reasoning test and quite disliked the personality questionaire and numerical reasoning.
    I'm glad it's just for an internship!!!

Will prepare much, much harder when I apply for a graduate position.
    my one was for an insight day. i think your one should have been much harder

ReputationRep:
    I did mine on THU night and still haven't heard anything. Monday might bring some news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tech-ie)
    I did mine on THU night and still haven't heard anything. Monday might bring some news
    I am surprised because it says we should hear a reply within 24 hours/48 at the most! :eek:

Which position did you apply for?

And how much did you prepare for the tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    I am surprised because it says we should hear a reply within 24 hours/48 at the most! :eek:

Which position did you apply for?

And how much did you prepare for the tests?
    I will give it until Wednesday then ring them. I applied for Management Consultancy to start in April 2012

I don't want to claim something big, but I'm pro with SHL tests :P. Completed Numerical and Logical with few minutes to spare I can't say anything regarding personality and the 2nd weird test. LOL

ReputationRep:
    One more thing, does anyone know the Graduate Recruitment hotline for PwC?

ReputationRep:
    so...just got rejected from a pwc insight day

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online reasoning tests.

Unfortunately you have not met our requirements to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process. This decision reflects the high level of competition for the limited number of places we have to offer, so I hope you will not be too discouraged by it.

The volume of applications that we deal with makes it impossible for us to offer individual feedback to applicants. However, we can offer you the opportunity to learn more about the criteria used to make this decision.
    is this what rejections feels like!?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.