Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How best to Compliment a Guy watch

Now I'm sure there is a thread on this somewhere... but I can't find it

I am really bad at taking compliments let alone giving them.. if someone gives me a compliment I just say something sarky/jokey back (about myself or them).

I realise this is NOT the way to go about things this guy at college always tells me im "cool", "lovely" etc. but I just reply with stuff like "umm ok then" or "haha im really not" and I just want to be nice and say something decent back for a change... (I always worry that if I compliment a guy he will think I am really overly into him... im just a tad paranoid tbh and i feel weird accepting a compliment for the same reason really)

The title/anything relating to above

Btw. before somone says it: saying the guy has big **** isn't the type of compliment i was going for!

No one has any clue... great
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.