Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So, I'm on the verge of being in a relationship with a girl from uni. Everything is going great, and she coming to stay with me for most of this week. The only problem is the odour downstairs, if you know what I mean. She has told me several times that she loves it when a guy goes down on her. You may think that I'm being unreasonable but I have never known a girl to have such a strong odour. I managed to struggle through one night, but on another occasion the smell/taste was just too much for me. How do you think I should approach the situation? I appreciate that its a very sensitive subject for a girl.

ReputationRep:
    Very sensitively get with her in the morning when she's just showered, or when she's at yours say you want to take a shower and suggest she joins you then you can trick her into reducing the smell

That's what I thought originally but eventually she would get suspicious. Perhaps I should just discuss the matter openly with her. She's has other boyfriends before me and I don't believe that they would have been able to handle a smell like that. I'm slighty worried that it may be some sort of infection.

ReputationRep:
    It's possible that that's just her natural scent - it does vary a LOT between women.

I'd suggest talking to her about it in a delicate, subtle way.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she has BV, a chemical imbalance where it becomes more alkaline than acidic. If she buys a gel called Balance Activ that will sort the problem within 24 hrs. She probably knows she has a problem but doesn't know how to fix it. No amount of washing will help.

ReputationRep:
    if she noticed a difference though, surely she wouldn't want you to go down on her.. which leads me to think it must just be her usual odour?

ReputationRep:
    If it's really bad then maybe she has an infection.....unless if she doesn't shower regularly?

ReputationRep:
    tell her bro, sooner or later your gonna have to confront that fishy fanny

Thank you everyone for your advice! I'm glad to say that the problem is a thing of the past. I actually brought up the subject with her the other day and she revealed that she had some sort of female infection downstairs. She recently finished her course of antibiotics and the unpleasant odour has completly vanished.

ReputationRep:
    if you tell her, the relationship is over lol, what girl is gunna be like ohhh okay.. i'll work on it.

you have 2 choices imo, leave her, breathe through your mouth and you'll never pick up on the scent... you can get her to shower with you but you can't do that all the time.

(Original post by Sazzy890)
    So she let you go down on her without informing you that she had an infection and she hadn't finished her antibiotics at that point?
    To be fair it's quite a common female infection that presented no harm to me. The smell must have been a side effect of the medication she was taking. Oh well, at least it's all sorted now!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.