Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any last minute advice for a driving test at GLASGOW BALLIESTON? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got my driving test on Tuesday and I'm nervous as PHUCK!!! My instructor is bloody useless lol, I've still not done a mock test or show me tell mes. I really learned everything from my dad tbh. But that's not the point lol :P. I have a test booked for tuesday in Glasgow Ballieston center. Just wondering if anyone has any advice?
    I was wondering things like, does the examiner have to take you on a certain route, or can he go anywhere he wants? Or is there any particular hazards I need to look out for especially?, or is there any mistake that trips like most people up or something?
    Any advice, no matter how general is greatly appreciated, but obviously info specific to this test center would be fantastic!

Cheers budds!!

ReputationRep:
    Here are the show me tell me questions from the DSA website. Most of them are common sense, but ask your instructor to show you the ones that involve opening the bonnet in particular. You won't fail if you get the questions wrong, you'll only get a minor, but it's not good that your instructor still hasn't shown you what to do! http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_170484.pdf

As you can see, I'm from Brighton so I don't know about your test centre! There are set `test routes` which the examiner will tend to stick to.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Salliana23;30790308]it's not good that your instructor still hasn't shown you what to do! QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. The guy's wired to the moon lol :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemcmonagle)
    Hi, I've got my driving test on Tuesday and I'm nervous as PHUCK!!! My instructor is bloody useless lol, I've still not done a mock test or show me tell mes. I really learned everything from my dad tbh. But that's not the point lol :P. I have a test booked for tuesday in Glasgow Ballieston center. Just wondering if anyone has any advice?
    I was wondering things like, does the examiner have to take you on a certain route, or can he go anywhere he wants? Or is there any particular hazards I need to look out for especially?, or is there any mistake that trips like most people up or something?
    Any advice, no matter how general is greatly appreciated, but obviously info specific to this test center would be fantastic!

Cheers budds!!
    PMSFL meet you there

Don`t forget to say hi to Tommy Fay all the rest are evil. (Esp Smilie and balmer etc but there not always there)

You`ll cover areas like edinburgh rd,hallhill poss, springboig poss, shettleston (old/new/both),mt vernon, garrowhill, unless you go to showcase cinema for dual carriageways. There routes take in coatbridge i`ve heard but i done 4 and never got took there. There`s a few rd works around -outside the Springcroft pub etc so there may be diversions. These are the areas i was taken.

Tell me who you get and how it goes and if you fail you can always try on the 11/11/11 to make one nice pink card.

Regards the show me tell me they can be found online-most are common sense and as for the mock test i passed without doing any so i dont see why you shouldnt be able to do the same. If i had seen your post earlier id have posted a pic of the routes i got taken 2 of which were the same. Although if your up to standard you`ll be able to drive anywhere.

What driving school are you with-J800 SOM by any chance?

Finally Good Luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh jesus, I live in Baillieston.
    Don't worry about your test, just lock the doors, keep the windows rolled up and don't make eye contact. You'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoranglasgow)
    Ohhh jesus, I live in Baillieston.
    Don't worry about your test, just lock the doors, keep the windows rolled up and don't make eye contact. You'll be fine.
    John have you even passed your test? Try answering the question. You talk so much sh**. Why bother?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TEX1)
    John have you even passed your test? Try answering the question. You talk so much sh**. Why bother?
    You're not particularly f*ckin' bright are you? Either that or you're in a real sh*te of mood.
    My advice wasn't based on how to pass a driving test it was a wee joke about Baillieston, implying it was dodgy, y'know.
    Jesus no need to get all upset over nothing.

EDIT: Oh and good luck on the test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoranglasgow)
    You're not particularly f*ckin' bright are you?-HOW THE F*CK YOU`D KNOW Either that or you're in a real sh*te of mood.- NO I AINT
    My advice wasn't based on how to pass a driving test it was a wee joke about-I`LL TAKE THAT AS YOU HAVEN`T PASSED Baillieston, implying it was dodgy, y'know. -IS NOT
    Jesus no need to get all upset over nothing.- NO WONDER YOU TALK SH*T

EDIT: Oh and good luck on the test
    -WTF

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=leemcmonagle;30790361]
    (Original post by Salliana23)
    it's not good that your instructor still hasn't shown you what to do! QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. The guy's wired to the moon lol :P
    Pass?

ReputationRep:
    Now now girls calm down!!! Hope u passed X

ReputationRep:
    WHAT EXAMINER DID YOU GET AT BAILLIESTON?

1 Tommy Fay
    2 Stunning Smilie
    3 Ray Richardson:rolleyes:
    4 John Balmer

ReputationRep:
    Had to join the forum just to let you guys know how funny I found it when I read the line "Stunning Smillie".

I failed 4 times at Baillieston, but finally passed on Saturday.

Examiners I had were:

1 - Richard Sharp (brutally harsh and unfriendly - bad day perhaps?!)
    2 - John Balmer (pleasant enough guy)
    3 - "Stunning" Smillie (warmed up after leaving test centre, pleasant like John)
    4 - Joe Arnott (friendly guy, good blether)
    5 - James Elliot (another friendly chap)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narfer)
    Had to join the forum just to let you guys know how funny I found it when I read the line "Stunning Smillie".

I failed 4 times at Baillieston, but finally passed on Saturday.

Examiners I had were:

1 - Richard Sharp (brutally harsh and unfriendly - bad day perhaps?!)
    2 - John Balmer (pleasant enough guy)
    3 - "Stunning" Smillie (warmed up after leaving test centre, pleasant like John)
    4 - Joe Arnott (friendly guy, good blether)
    5 - James Elliot (another friendly chap)
    Does that mean you disagree lol. i take it elliot passed you-i've heard he's harsh. does john pass everyone lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TEX1)
    He's a bluenose what do you expect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    He's a bluenose what do you expect
    That'll be you talking **** again. Goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    Jim Elliot passed me, so I think he's the greatest guy on earth lol

In all seriousness I suppose it's one of those ones if you have a great drive there's not much he can do about it. Had 3 minors, 2 were straightlinining through roundabouts, 1 was for steering.

So not a bad drive and nothing to frighten the horses.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and re: Stunning Smillie, would probably be unfair to type out my recollections of her on a public forum in regard to how she was dressed etc lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narfer)
    Oh, and re: Stunning Smillie, would probably be unfair to type out my recollections of her on a public forum in regard to how she was dressed etc lmao
    lmfao nice one I bumped the kerb when she said pull over at the end of my test also. Failing for observation on my RRC lol "other than that your drive was lovely". Although the neg result i was pleased to hear i had only took my eye of the rd once which in all honesty i didn't even agree with but i smillied politely. Then she replied "i hope to see you again in the not so distant future"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TEX1)
    lmfao nice one I bumped the kerb when she said pull over at the end of my test also. Failing for observation on my RRC lol "other than that your drive was lovely". Although the neg result i was pleased to hear i had only took my eye of the rd once which in all honesty i didn't even agree with but i smillied politely. Then she replied "i hope to see you again in the not so distant future"
    Sounds like you were on a promise

She had me do PP - didn't touch the kerb, but in an astonishing turn up for the books I was way out (always fine during lessons) - think she gave me a minor as I was going back and forth trying to get it "just right".

When I passed my test I had RRC - I remember being chuffed when I realised I'd nailed it absolutely spot on (the examiner would have been doing well to better my position and observations lol)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.