Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically in my life loads of things have gone wrong and i need some advice :/
    I've asked some close friends for some advice but none of them really know what i can do.
    My sister who is in her early teenager years is in a Mental Hospital and has been for a month and a half. This has created some tension between my parent's they have not been working, crying and completely broken down emotional. The worst feeling is that i can't do anything to help.
    In addition my exams start in mid-May and i'm trying to revise but i find it really hard at the moment.
    Also feel like i am losing most of my friends, i've heard rumors about myself and people just stop contacting me for about 3 or 4 weeks now, i try to contact them back but they just say they are busy. Last Friday i went to a party where most of these friends were, one of them ripped my top i was wearing and the other one poured half a pint down me.
    I am just so lost and confused and depressed and any advice and ideas will be helpful

ReputationRep:
    Creative troll, I'll give you that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm being honest, seriously
    but if you don't want to help then fine, i see how it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idoodlejump)
    Basically in my life loads of things have gone wrong and i need some advice :/
    I've asked some close friends for some advice but none of them really know what i can do.
    My sister who is in her early teenager years is in a Mental Hospital and has been for a month and a half. This has created some tension between my parent's they have not been working, crying and completely broken down emotional. The worst feeling is that i can't do anything to help.
    In addition my exams start in mid-May and i'm trying to revise but i find it really hard at the moment.
    Also feel like i am losing most of my friends, i've heard rumors about myself and people just stop contacting me for about 3 or 4 weeks now, i try to contact them back but they just say they are busy. Last Friday i went to a party where most of these friends were, one of them ripped my top i was wearing and the other one poured half a pint down me.
    I am just so lost and confused and depressed and any advice and ideas will be helpful
    This is pretty deep stuff. If you are telling the truth, I would maybe try to speak to a counsellor about it (particularly the issues with your sister and family).

Revising a lot might help you take your mind of it, though I have never been in your situation so i wouldn't know.

With the party thing, just pass it off as a joke if this is the only time something like that has happened.

ReputationRep:
    Don't Counsellors cost money?
    and i will try your suggestions thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest talking to your school counsellor if you have one because they're free for advice, or visit your GP to see if they can get you in with an NHS counsellor...

Plus it'd help to speak to your college/school because I should think being in this situation is ruining your concentration and you may be given some allowance in exams if you tell them about the issues at home..

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    start consciously doing things you like to do. dont engage in sad thoughts. its a good way to start helping yourself. all the best! x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.