Turn on thread page Beta

Which IPL cricket team should I support? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    Just wondering as you said why can't Malinga play for RCB.

True with T20 you never know.

LOL if I am brutally honest we won't win in 2015. Not with how the younger players like Rohit Sharma, Murali Vijay, Ravindra Jadeja and Ishant Sharma are playing. The future doesn't look too bright

At least we won it on home soil though. The older guys got their reward especially Sachin.
    I agree. Why do you think I've started praying 4 years in advance?
    I joke, but seriously, I get your point. We have too many key players to replace.

Sachin, Zaheer, maybe Sehwag, possibly Bhajji.....aw

Thinking optimistically, there is plenty of time for the young ones to work on their game. Take Kohli for example, made his ODI debut for India in 2009, 2 years later he's part of the winning squad and played a pretty decent role in their win aswell.

Providing they are still in form, we will have Dhoni and Yuvi as senior players, hopefully Raina and Kohli aswell.....

There is hope for 2015

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manesh2468)
    meh i guess the emotions is what gives the team a edge, like if you really want something then u do end up getting it, its great
    LOL
    I agree.
    I love the Indian emotional edge. Its beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moanycar.)
    LOL
    I agree.
    I love the Indian emotional edge. Its beautiful
    they should have games when its just india vs pakistan.. now that would be fun roflmao, like a tour around the world but only india vs pakistan until they reach home soils.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Why do you think I've started praying 4 years in advance?
    I joke, but seriously, I get your point. We have too many key players to replace.

Sachin, Zaheer, maybe Sehwag, possibly Bhajji.....aw

Thinking optimistically, there is plenty of time for the young ones to work on their game. Take Kohli for example, made his ODI debut for India in 2009, 2 years later he's part of the winning squad and played a pretty decent role in their win aswell.

Providing they are still in form, we will have Dhoni and Yuvi as senior players, hopefully Raina and Kohli aswell.....

There is hope for 2015
    I think the hunger to win the world cup will have gone too if I am honest.

Kohli and Raina are gonna be key. It's in Australia and New Zealand so it will be interesting to see how we adapt to the unfavorable conditions. I'm just looking at the lack of high quality seamers as the pitches in that part of the world favour seam bowling over spin.

ReputationRep:
    they should have games when its just india vs pakistan.. now that would be fun roflmao, like a tour around the world but only india vs pakistan until they reach home soils.
    Yeah, but I'd become a freakish nervous wreck. If India lost.........oh LORD

Bad idea for the faint-hearted

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I'd become a freakish nervous wreck. If India lost.........oh LORD

Bad idea for the faint-hearted
    pshh man up!! it would be fun, plus imagine all the training theyd get if they kept playing intense games all the time would be sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    I think the hunger to win the world cup will have gone too if I am honest.

Kohli and Raina are gonna be key. It's in Australia and New Zealand so it will be interesting to see how we adapt to the unfavorable conditions. I'm just looking at the lack of high quality seamers as the pitches in that part of the world favour seam bowling over spin.
    True true.
    Think it's best to let Team India cool down after this WC's hype.

I find it shocking that it took like 36 years or something for a team to win a WC at home

Indians say many things in a hyped up mood. I'm suprised they didn't say that India will remain WC champions for a century or something, knowing the Indian media

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what's in store for Indian cricket.....

ReputationRep:
    pshh man up!! it would be fun, plus imagine all the training theyd get if they kept playing intense games all the time would be sick.
    Man up. Dude I'm a girl....I'm allowed to be a tad bit wussy

But LOL, it would be EPICALLY...scary...yet amazing

ReputationRep:
    Man up. Dude I'm a girl....I'm allowed to be a tad bit wussy

But LOL, it would be EPICALLY...scary...yet amazing
    fair enough but hey theres some pretty hench women out there in india if u kno what i mean... and no the the he/shes lol!, but yeh that would be amazing, would be even better if id get to go on tour with them ^.-

ReputationRep:
    fair enough but hey theres some pretty hench women out there in india if u kno what i mean... and no the the he/shes lol!, but yeh that would be amazing, would be even better if id get to go on tour with them ^.-
    Lol. Yeah, well I'm no fat 'Aunty Ji'

I have had so many dreams of touring with Team India.
    Wow, sounds so pathetic out loud.
    Ah well. Its true

Would be amazing. I probably would pass out, and then it would be a waste

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Yeah, well I'm no fat 'Aunty Ji'

I have had so many dreams of touring with Team India.
    Wow, sounds so pathetic out loud.
    Ah well. Its true

Would be amazing. I probably would pass out, and then it would be a waste
    nah it aint pathetic, its pretty cool, like ud get to see them train and play, also get to see all the cool tourists sites lol, if only japan had cricket stuff :rolleyes: but all the other places like austrailia, new zealand and all that would be really cool

ReputationRep:
    nah it aint pathetic, its pretty cool, like ud get to see them train and play, also get to see all the cool tourists sites lol, if only japan had cricket stuff :rolleyes: but all the other places like austrailia, new zealand and all that would be really cool
    Yeah, well guess it's 'cos I wouldn't just tour with them for the cricket
    That's just me being a stupid girl.
    Back onto the cricket part....fully amazing experience.
    Apparantly RCB are doing some fan tour thing, if only I was in India atm

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of talented demestic batsmen being exposed by IPL, if anything India's cricket future looks excellent I would say.

I too can't seem to pick a team to support this year, last year I supported KIXP cause I love the pair of Sangakkara and Jayawardene and I also supported Rajasthan Royals purely because of Yusuf Pathan, that man is pure class (on his day ofcourse) but I look forward to any match he's in.

I think I'm gonna support Deccan Chargers and RR this year. RR because I love Ajmer and its in Rajasthan (I was born in Gujarat which is next to Rajasthan too ) and they certainly have a very good squad who could win the IPL and DC because I LOVE fast bowlers (cause I am aspiring to be one too ) and they have the best paceman, Dale Steyn...damn, how I wish Pakistani players played IPL too, Shoaib Akhtar :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well guess it's 'cos I wouldn't just tour with them for the cricket
    That's just me being a stupid girl.
    Back onto the cricket part....fully amazing experience.
    Apparantly RCB are doing some fan tour thing, if only I was in India atm
    lol, i got no idea bout the tour but if they are then its pretty damn kl, they should come to the uk and have a tour (main india team) like friendly matches against countys (no chance roflmao) and then have partys lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrazyKro)
    Plenty of talented demestic batsmen being exposed by IPL, if anything India's cricket future looks excellent I would say.

I too can't seem to pick a team to support this year, last year I supported KIXP cause I love the pair of Sangakkara and Jayawardene and I also supported Rajasthan Royals purely because of Yusuf Pathan, that man is pure class (on his day ofcourse) but I look forward to any match he's in.

I think I'm gonna support Deccan Chargers and RR this year. RR because I love Ajmer and its in Rajasthan (I was born in Gujarat which is next to Rajasthan too ) and they certainly have a very good squad who could win the IPL and DC because I LOVE fast bowlers (cause I am aspiring to be one too ) and they have the best paceman, Dale Steyn...damn, how I wish Pakistani players played IPL too, Shoaib Akhtar :ahee:
    Cool cool. Nice explanation Rajasthan looking much stronger than DC atm, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    lol, i got no idea bout the tour but if they are then its pretty damn kl, they should come to the uk and have a tour (main india team) like friendly matches against countys (no chance roflmao) and then have partys lol!
    LEGEND idea. But logically India's cricket schedule is packed

ReputationRep:
    LEGEND idea. But logically India's cricket schedule is packed
    fine the people that aint on the wc take the tour lol to "improve" facing countys here for training, beats nothing lol

ReputationRep:
    fine the people that aint on the wc take the tour lol to "improve" facing countys here for training, beats nothing lol
    Lool. Gosh, we've like...owned this thread
    I'm actually properly tired

ReputationRep:
    Lool. Gosh, we've like...owned this thread
    I'm actually properly tired
    lol go to sleep, im use to late nights , yeh we stole the thread with that timewaster guy along long time ago roflmao freshyjacked it, was fun with the commentry while the match was going tho

not timewaster <.< timepasser lol my bad

ReputationRep:
    lol go to sleep, im use to late nights , yeh we stole the thread with that timewaster guy along long time ago roflmao freshyjacked it, was fun with the commentry while the match was going tho
    I shall go to sleep and have more dreams of touring with Team India
    Oh and the sad pathetic part where Virat Kohli is my boyfriend

LOL, our commentary was jokes
    We must continue our freshyness....

Goodnight

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.