Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure its a long shot, but I wondered whether any other TSRians participated in the Tweed Run yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    This looks immense! Does it happen every year? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Aww man I didn't realise it was this early. I'd love to have gone Missed it last year as well.

Oh well, Vintage Festival in July to make up for it!

ReputationRep:
    Good God, how did I not know about this :eek:

:awesome: :sexface:.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't there but it does sound cool, in an offbeat kind of way. I've heard they've done them in the USA and Australia too.

ReputationRep:
    I did, and it was my second year. I love clothing, so seeing all the various types of Tweed attire was great! The weather made the day perfect in my view too (last year it was drizzling sadly)

PS. I've got a picture of it somewhere I think, but there was an amazing herringbone twill patterned jacket I saw yesterday; pity it cost about like a £badgillion, but a guy can dream...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesioo)
    This looks immense! Does it happen every year? :eek:
    It started in 2009, and has been every year since. It's quite popular so hopefully they will keep it going!

ReputationRep:
    It started in 2009, and has been every year since. It's quite popular so hopefully they will keep it going!

my sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchild007)
    I did - my second year

I love clothing, from a gentlemans/mans perspective, so seeing all the various types of Tweed attire was great! The weather made the day perfect in my view (last year it was drizzling sadly)...
    It was my second year too. I really enjoy the whole atmosphere of the day - seeing the old bikes - one guy let me try his penny farthing which was great - and I am totally into the clothes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    Good God, how did I not know about this :eek:
    :awesome: :sexface:.
    my sort of thing.
    It would be cool perhaps next year to have a TSR entry if there are a few of us who are interested :chaplin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PercyChatsworth)
    It was my second year too. I really enjoy the whole atmosphere of the day - seeing the old bikes - one guy let me try his penny farthing which was great - and I am totally into the clothes.
    Same here; its just a great event to go to b/c of the whole atmosphere around the whole thing (and the eccentric characters of course!).

I've got a picture of it somewhere I think, but there was an amazing herringbone twill patterned jacket I saw yesterday; pity it cost about like a £badgillion, but a guy can dream...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PercyChatsworth)
    It would be cool perhaps next year to have a TSR entry if there are a few of us who are interested :chaplin:
    Ooooh arr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchild007)
    Same here; its just a great event to go to b/c of the whole atmosphere around the whole thing (and the eccentric characters of course!).

I've got a picture of it somewhere I think, but there was an amazing herringbone twill patterned jacket I saw yesterday; pity it cost about like a £badgillion, but a guy can dream...
    There were a few items of clothing that I was coveting, and a Pashley Guvnor

ReputationRep:
    It would be cool perhaps next year to have a TSR entry if there are a few of us who are interested
    Get our own scarfs to tuck into our breast pockets?

ReputationRep:
    Get our own scarfs to tuck into our breast pockets?
    Indeed, and pure silk scarves of course...

ReputationRep:
    I'd be up for participating next year :2012:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, and pure silk scarves of course...
    but we are but poor students :puppyeyes:

We should get some with TSR written on. I quite like the look of the tweed run ones...but at £50 a piece I'm going to have to pass. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    but we are but poor students :puppyeyes:

We should get some with TSR written on. I quite like the look of the tweed run ones...but at £50 a piece I'm going to have to pass. :emo:
    Hrm... £50 is a bit steep on student budget. We could do better

I don't suppose you looked at the panniers... the one on the left is rather fabulous!

ReputationRep:
    Hrm... £50 is a bit steep on student budget. We could do better

I don't suppose you looked at the panniers... the one on the left is rather fabulous!
    I think we could! :awesome:

Oh I didn't see them! They're rather smashing! Lets do that instead. Then we can wear our geekiness with utter pride! :five:

:sexface:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.