Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you pick - the harder (less coursework to exam ratio) modules or the less "academic" but total coursework modules meaning you have less exams

my preliminary options have 4 academic subjects which have 60% exam to 40% couirsework (not all of them but roughly) and 2 full coursework modules meaning i only have a total of 4 exams. i can change these if needed be.

what would you do? if you think second year grades would influence you then i got 69% in year 2.

ReputationRep:
    Surely you would choose the one that you are most interested in studying? It's no use picking a mainly coursework-orientated module if you hate it. Also, just because a module is entirely assessed by coursework that does not make it less 'academic', and it's not as if any potential employers will a) notice or b) care.

ReputationRep:
    Surely it depends on your abilities? I've had no choices for final year but would've preferred all coursework and very few exams.

ReputationRep:
    Why is the coursework option less academic? Is it due to it being assessed by coursework or because of the nature of the modules?
    In any case i'd go for coursework, exams are the death of me.

ReputationRep:
    Coursework isn't seen as less academic. In fact, some employers actually look for it because it shows you have a wide range of coping skills and more than one method of managing your time and work.

Back to the question, surely you would choose the subjects you enjoy as their the most likely to bring out your highest grade? Personally, I dislike coursework - my dissertation is probably going to cost me a 1st class degree so I'd much rather do a 100% exam for every module than any type of coursework but meh thats just me.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.