Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Er-El)
    Don't forget all those lovely market regulations too. Oh how much they're helping the economy grow...
    Don't forget all the lack of regulation which plummeted us into the biggest economic recession since the great depression. Oh how that helped the economy grow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gontak)
    Don't forget all the lack of regulation which plummeted us into the biggest economic recession since the great depression. Oh how that helped the economy grow.
    More regulation =/= better regulation.

What I don't understand about the EU is that it increased the regulatory burden at all. A whole stream of export/ import regulations across the zone should've been sweeped under.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike the EU.
    Firstly, they change the rulings on the naming of Cornish Pasties.
    Then, they let dogs with rebies into the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Oh look, it's the Europhobes.

ReputationRep:
    To those who think we should leave the EU, go educate yourselves.

ReputationRep:
    We've managed on our own for 200 years to become one of the most succesfull country in the world. Why the hell do we need dumb foreigners to tell us what to do now? We should be looking for a lot of small governments rather than a small amount of big governments.

ReputationRep:
    There are far too much trade benefits that the UK receives for being part of the EU.

On the other hand, being a member of the EU has meant we had to comply with any ridiculous laws and directives imposed on us since joining in 1973. They have control of the Human rights Act which doesn't seem to work at all.

All the UK needs to do is simply carry out a referendum similar to the one for the electoral reform and there could be a change. It's been 36 years since the referendum was carried out and most people agreed with staying. The public's opinion is changing day by day and the way I see it, if another referendum was to be carried out, more people will vote 'no'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamora)
    Why don't you tell? :rolleyes:
    you've just claimed that britain wouldn't need to regulate in the areas that the EU does.

so tell us, what areas does the EU regulate that britain wouldn't need to?

I've already mentioned three separate areas in this thread, and gave particular attention to the WTD.

(Original post by thegiantinfinity)
    We've managed on our own for 200 years to become one of the most succesfull country in the world. Why the hell do we need dumb foreigners to tell us what to do now? We should be looking for a lot of small governments rather than a small amount of big governments.
    and here is one of the core reasons why british people have a problem with the EU. still can't quite get over the decline from an imperial power

ReputationRep:
    I hope not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x=o)
    you've just claimed that britain wouldn't need to regulate in the areas that the EU does.

so tell us, what areas does the EU regulate that britain wouldn't need to?

I've already mentioned three separate areas in this thread, and gave particular attention to the WTD.
    Britain and the EU would need to negotiate an agreement as to how much regulation would exist and in what areas. Anyone who says they would not negotiate sensibly is ignoring the trade we put their way, which dwarfs anything the rest of the EU puts our way. It simply wouldn't be in their interests to play hard ball. I hope I've made that clearer for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x=o)

and here is one of the core reasons why british people have a problem with the EU. still can't quite get over the decline from an imperial power
    Rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Using the whole 'trade' argument is incredibly naive, we trade with the USA, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Israel, India and Japan; last time I looked none of these countries were in the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacoex)
    I prefer the term 'Eurosceptic'. I do NOT hate Europe. I do NOT like the EU. They are two very different things.

ReputationRep:
    Britain and the EU would need to negotiate an agreement as to how much regulation would exist and in what areas. Anyone who says they would not negotiate sensibly is ignoring the trade we put their way, which dwarfs anything the rest of the EU puts our way. It simply wouldn't be in their interests to play hard ball. I hope I've made that clearer for you.
    so you don't know then? thanks for clearing that up. quick! frantically check google for the answer!

Rubbish.
    err, no. it acted as a psychological barrier to the initial negotiationing process, and still does in relation to continued british membership.

do us both a favour and pick up a history book before your next garbage post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacoex)
    Yes, those disgusting democrats!

ReputationRep:
    We can set up free trade agreements with European countries - or any nation for that matter - but we don't need a large state, supranational government for it. And if EU is such a brilliant idea, then why not extend it to the whole planet and make it a big state alternative to the UN? Why does it have to be limited to just Europe?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully. Then we can hang our meat for more than 28 days. And that's definitely worth whatever repercussions ensue from leaving.

ReputationRep:
    A place where trolls can be trolls. We bring you trollhaven, a trollish perspective on all things current and totally irrelevant at times who's point is to provoke discussion and general trollish responses. Pay us a visit at trollhaven.blog.com and follow us as we aim to provide you with random posts on just about anything trollworthy!

Yours in Trollness
    Wang King Leung & I.N Djibouti

ReputationRep:
    The UK would never leave the EU, otherwise if we left the EU trading would become even more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    The UK would never leave the EU, otherwise if we left the EU trading would become even more difficult.
    It's because of silly misconceptions like this that the Westminster politicians are able to get away with this.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.