Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you get aids with a kiss or maybe by performing oral sex? Watch

Okay, maybe I'm a complete moron but fact is I don't know for sure. Can you get aids and other diseases by kissing someone with the tongue? What about performing oral sex on a girl, can you catch diseases because of her juices?

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous only please.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, but more importantly you run the risk of catching a cold

ReputationRep:
    oral sex yes. kissing no. the AIDS cells would explode in your mouth due to osmosis or the other one

ReputationRep:
    From kissing no you cannot.

I imagine you would from oral sex yes, sexual fluids etc.

(Original post by SpunkyVanDros)
    oral sex yes. kissing no. the AIDS cells would explode in your mouth due to osmosis or the other one
    Right, even if there is an important exchange of saliva and you drink from the same bottle etc...?

ReputationRep:
    Oral sex, yeah.
    Kissing... I heard you'd have to swallow like 2 litres of saliva or something crazy like that. So no. Unless they drool like a dog.

Like imagine I was with this one girl and she wants me to lick her and I have to say "No, I can't but if you want we can have sex 'cause I have condoms" will I sound like an *******? What do you do in such situations?

What about her sucking my thing, can I get aids from her sucking it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Right, even if there is an important exchange of saliva and you drink from the same bottle etc...?
    your mouth has tons of this so like i said the Aids cell would just keep taking in the saliva in your mouth and would be destroyed by the time it reached your white blood cells anyway. I imagine the same applies to the sharing water thing too

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Osmosis is yes water.

and to OP, AIDS is only in the bodily fluids of a person, not in the well..water of someone, unless you get high enough concentration of water, but it's a human disease so we don't have to worry about gallons of water made in a second and passed from one human to another.
    Oral sex;semem;yes.

ReputationRep:
    I heard you can catch the bubonic plague.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, maybe I'm a complete moron but fact is I don't know for sure. Can you get aids and other diseases by kissing someone with the tongue? What about performing oral sex on a girl, can you catch diseases because of her juices?

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous only please.
    you can't catch AIDS/HIV through kissing however oral jobs does. /thread

ReputationRep:
    Umm HIV is a virus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siwelmail)
    Well done! Osmosis is yes water.

and to OP, AIDS is only in the bodily fluids of a person, not in the well..water of someone, unless you get high enough concentration of water, but it's a human disease so we don't have to worry about gallons of water made in a second and passed from one human to another.
    Oral sex;semem;yes.
    Why thank you I spent ages asking my biology teacher about this.

ReputationRep:
    You don't catch AIDS.
    You catch the HIV virus.

Kissing is considered to be safe, given how absurdly low the chances are.
    Oral - possible, more risky for the giver than reciever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wasted Wrath)
    Umm HIV is a virus.
    WOW really!!! ¬_¬

It happens anyway.

ReputationRep:
    "the other one", lol. Diffusion?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Something like 85 thousand people in the UK have aids you would have to be very very unlucky to get it.

ReputationRep:
    Why thank you I spent ages asking my biology teacher about this.
    No problem spunky!

ReputationRep:

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous only please.
    didn't you know? you can't share a toilet, eat from the same plate, drink from the same bottle etc from someone with HIV?

the africans know what they're talking about, just look at Uganda and AIDS.

ReputationRep:
    I just wanna add there has never been a proven case for HIV transmission from oral sex, however in theory it is possible, in practice it is yet unknown.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.