Turn on thread page Beta

Can you get aids with a kiss or maybe by performing oral sex? watch

ReputationRep:
    You don't get AIDS by kissing, but from oral sex you have a risk of getting AIDS....
    YOu can get other infections from kissing for example Oral herpes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDirty)
    I just wanna add there has never been a proven case for HIV transmission from oral sex, however in theory it is possible, in practice it is yet unknown.
    I do not know specifically about AIDs in this regard, so perhaps you are right, but there are plenty of proven cases of other, serious STIs being transmitted by Oral sex.
    It is by no means 100% safe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kodias)
    "the other one", lol. Diffusion?
    haha yes.. it cost me four marks in my biology exam... its so confusing compared to osmosis

ReputationRep:
    Is this a......

Can you get aids with a kiss or maybe by performing oral sex? or maybe by unprotected but sex in a bus stop by 17 guys and a fox?

Sorry if I'm of the mark here.

ReputationRep:
    Only if you have an open mouth ulcer/cold sore or other cut in or around your mouth

ReputationRep:
    you have AIDS

ReputationRep:
    why are you haviing sex with someone who ahs aids?? you cant be that desperate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpunkyVanDros)
    WOW really!!! ¬_¬

It happens anyway.
    lol osmosis in a virus, you realise they have completely different structures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wasted Wrath)
    lol osmosis in a virus, you realise they have completely different structures
    yeah hence why i said it happens anyway

(Original post by Sovietpride)
    You don't catch AIDS.
    You catch the HIV virus.

Kissing is considered to be safe, given how absurdly low the chances are.
    Oral - possible, more risky for the giver than reciever.
    Okay, what if the girl has had the HIV vaccination? I can't remember if that's what it was exactly, but I know I had some vaccinations at my 6th form nearly 2 years ago now and it was something for sexual viruses...

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as a HIV vaccine that is actually acceptably effective. (conspiracy theories aside)

Her vaccination might have been against HPV (vaccination against cervical cancer).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fallen)
    I do not know specifically about AIDs in this regard, so perhaps you are right, but there are plenty of proven cases of other, serious STIs being transmitted by Oral sex.
    It is by no means 100% safe.
    Well I can most definitely say that AIDS cannot be transmitted by oral sex since AIDS is a condition. HIV, which can lead to AIDS, has not been proven to transmitted (which this post was about). I never said it was safe - yes, other STIs can be transmitted via oral sex, but this post asked specifically about HIV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahsl)
    why would you want to have any kind of sex with someone that possibly has aids?
    Really!? You are not the only person to post this but I think saying that is extremely ignorant. Why would you not have sex with someone you loved that happened to have HIV/AIDS? There is plenty of them and with using protection and a low viral load it'd be virtually impossible to transmit.

Don't post stupid things like that.

Also I think a lot of you need to discover the difference between HIV and AIDS which you can find out here: http://www.essortment.com/difference...hiv-62339.html

and also this is a great website for HIV FAQs: http://www.avert.org/hiv-aids-transmission.htm

Just shows you that after 20 years of serious campaigning and education, people are still ignorant towards HIV and AIDS.

Edit: I GOT NEGGED FOR THIS!!!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpunkyVanDros)
    yeah hence why i said it happens anyway
    No it doesn't :confused:

And even with cells you wouldn't get osmosis; saliva is isotonic with intracellular fluids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoapyDish)
    No it doesn't :confused:

And even with cells you wouldn't get osmosis; saliva is isotonic with intracellular fluids.
    the only you can get Aids from kissing is if one of you has an open cut in your mouth.

ReputationRep:
    You cant get aids unles your gay or black!!

ReputationRep:
    Juices.. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manc990)
    You cant get aids unles your gay or black!!
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Well I can most definitely say that AIDS cannot be transmitted by oral sex since AIDS is a condition. HIV, which can lead to AIDS, has not been proven to transmitted (which this post was about). I never said it was safe - yes, other STIs can be transmitted via oral sex, but this post asked specifically about HIV.
    I know you didn't say it was safe, I was just clarifying the situation for anyone else who read it.

Can you get aids and other diseases by kissing someone with the tongue? What about performing oral sex on a girl, can you catch diseases because of her juices?

ReputationRep:
    Any particular reason for negging me?

All I said was that you could get other STIs from oral sex, whilst not knowing the status with HIV/AIDS.
    That is:
    a) Factually correct
    b) A direct response to the OP, who asked about HIV/AIDS as well as other diseases.

You mad?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.