Turn on thread page Beta

Salters Chemistry AS pre-release 2011 POSSIBLE QUESTIONS watch

ReputationRep:
    I just read the chemistry pre-release which is on polymers and how fuel prices are rising so there is need to replace heavy metals etc. with lighter polymers to be used in transport vehicles.
    It talks about acrylic adhesives and how there are new developments which has meant that they can be used with poly(ethene) and poly(propene) as effective adhesives.

Could you please give me any useful info about this and questions which could come up??

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beebee118)
    I just read the chemistry pre-release which is on polymers and how fuel prices are rising so there is need to replace heavy metals etc. with lighter polymers to be used in transport vehicles.
    It talks about acrylic adhesives and how there are new developments which has meant that they can be used with poly(ethene) and poly(propene) as effective adhesives.

Could you please give me any useful info about this and questions which could come up??

Thanks!
    Heya, is there anyway you could attach it on here please as the OCR website is under maintenance atm?

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone send me a copy of the pre release material because ive lost itt :s

ReputationRep:
    has anyone's teachers told them specific areas to revise/ any practice questions? Other than revising polymers and looking up unknown words, we haven't been told that that much else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertiejess)
    has anyone's teachers told them specific areas to revise/ any practice questions? Other than revising polymers and looking up unknown words, we haven't been told that that much else!
    apparently we should draw out the molecular formula and structural formulas for the substances e.g nylon given in the table on the first page

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 29, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.