Turn on thread page Beta

Which Subject is the 'softest'? watch

• View Poll Results: Which Subject is the Softest?
    Drama Studies
    6.32%
    Media Studies
    43.16%
    Film Studies
    17.89%
    Dance
    18.95%
    Art
    2.11%
    Human Biology
    2.11%
    Law
    3.16%
    Business Studies
    6.32%
    Politics
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Out of these subjects:
    -Drama,
    -Business Studies,
    -Media Studies,
    -Art,
    -Film Studies,
    -Politics,
    -Human Biology,
    -Dance,
    -Law.
    Which is the softest?

ReputationRep:
    Media . I dropped it because it was easy and ****

ReputationRep:
    Media. I don't see how Art is considered easy or 'soft', if you can't draw/paint whatever, you're pretty f*cked >_<

ReputationRep:
    The Teddy Bear Studies BTEC is probably the softest subject my college offers.

ReputationRep:
    Oh here we go again...........

ReputationRep:
    By no means is it film. I took both film studies and english literature at a-level and they were essentially synonymous, except film actually required some creative flair to do well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    The Teddy Bear Studies BTEC is probably the softest subject my college offers.
    I would have opted for that over A-levels if picnicking was part of the assessed coursework.

ReputationRep:
    I dont do human biology, but why is it doss?

Also, art isnt soft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PercyChatsworth)
    I would have opted for that over A-levels if picnicking was part of the assessed coursework.
    Well, the coursework involves you going down to the woods today and noting down how surprised you were to find picnicking teddy bears there. There's an optional applied picnicking module, but I don't think the teachers are qualified to teach that at my college.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think law and politics are, but that's from friends taking them not myself ... people I know who take media say it's a complete doss!
    It's not on the list but people say history of art is a soft subject and I think it's one of the hardest to get a good grade in.

ReputationRep:
    This is, as it always is, a pointless question if you're looking for a 'true' answer, as I doubt anyone has taken an A Level in all of those subjects so nobody can ever really be a fair judge...

I'd just like to stick up for Media Studies a bit, as the majority of people that **** it off as soft haven't ever actually taken it (excusing TWYears)...

ReputationRep:
    So, "Dance" is more respected than "Media Studies" ? Really? :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Urm has anyone even tried Film Studies? Because I have and it's 10 times easier than Media.

ReputationRep:
    Law is probably the hardest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stargazer23)
    Media. I don't see how Art is considered easy or 'soft', if you can't draw/paint whatever, you're pretty f*cked >_<
    Surely you could say the same for media - if you can't direct you're pretty f*cked too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Surely you could say the same for media - if you can't direct you're pretty f*cked too!
    I guess so! I was basing it on my GCSE Media, which was just... a joke really

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can put together some sort of film and 'direct'. I've seen people get Bs and As and their videos are good fun but honestly they're such a joke.

Being good at drawing/painting/sculpting has to be a real talent along with a lot of dedication.

Btw I speak as someone who does neither of these subjects so it's just an outside viewpoint.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who votes drama should be slapped in the face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Anyone can put together some sort of film and 'direct'. I've seen people get Bs and As and their videos are good fun but honestly they're such a joke.

Being good at drawing/painting/sculpting has to be a real talent along with a lot of dedication.

Btw I speak as someone who does neither of these subjects so it's just an outside viewpoint.
    Well I speak as someone who did do these subjects and I can say with some confidence that you do not need to draw, paint or sculpt to get an A at Art.

I was the only person in my entire year at A level who did realism and painting. Everyone else did 'installations' or 'found art' or collages. No talent or hard work required - just need an ability to bluff a thousand words about what it 'represents'.

ReputationRep:
    Well I speak as someone who did do these subjects and I can say with some confidence that you do not need to draw, paint or sculpt to get an A at Art.

I was the only person in my entire year at A level who did realism and painting. Everyone else did 'installations' or 'found art' or collages. No talent or hard work required - just need an ability to bluff a thousand words about what it 'represents'.
    Ahh well I was under the assumption it was similar to GCSE which requires a very long drawing/painting/sculpting exam.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.