The Student Room Group

Japanese Tsunami: HAARP.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Martyn*
Experimentation? For political and/or economical aims?

Seriously, why don't you think? You've got a brain. Use it!!!

such as?
Original post by Martyn*
It is hard to tell or to get through all that "evidence".

I once had an inclin that HAARP may have caused the recent Japanese earthquake resulting in the recent Japanese Tsunami, but of course, no-one would believe that.

But I keep seeing/hearing about the so-called "evidence" for it.

I wonder if you could take a look and see if you can debunk it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyqECMRtx6c&feature=feedf

Hahahaha. You ****ing stupid cocksuckler.
Original post by Martyn*
Why would you not? It would guarantee a greater result, if the goal would be to create a massive earthquake. You might only have a machine powerful enough only to trigger a small earthquake, but on a fault line the effort might be doubled.

HAARP technology is quite capable of triggering an earthquake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcHPAR_5TEc

I thought you were asking me would I want to cause an earthquake, if I had the technology. I have no idea whether aiming a ****ing earthquake machine at a faultline would be a good idea if you wanted to cause an quake, and neither do you, because such a machine doesn't exist.

What those lights in the video look like are earthquake lights. They were on the news a few days back, and have been photographed since the 60s. According to Wikipedia, "one explanation involves intense electric fields created piezoelectrically by tectonic movements of rocks containing quartz." Or maybe they are just the result of a naughty man firing his big earthquake gun into the ground. :rolleyes:
Original post by Martyn*
Experimentation? For political and/or economical aims?

Seriously, why don't you think? You've got a brain. Use it!!!

Right, so you ask for our opinions and then hurl abuse at us when we actually give you an answer. Well **** you too.
Original post by No!
You're annoying. Did you know that? I'd thought I'd tell you ... :angry:

Thanks for sharing.
Nah bro - Haarp gets blamed on almost every major natural disaster these days.. including Hurricane katrina, I saw a conspiracy theory saying that the russian mafia used a 'weapon' to cause Katrina, yeah weird or what

blame tetonic plates
Original post by Martyn*
Well, that's what HAARP is for allegedly.

As far as I know HAARP is used to strengthen or disrupt the magnetosphere. The magnetosphere deflects the solar wind along these field lines to the North Pole.

When solar storms occur, like I'm guessing when HAARP is activated, the magnetosphere is pressed towards Earth.

I think it needs studying with regards to field reversal (think South Atlantic Anomaly). The magnetosphere keeps our atmosphere in place. Sun's coronal holes that release 'storms' strengthen the field... So if the magnetophere breaks into dipoles or several poles whilst 'reversing' then land surfaces may be exposed.

Still yes my impression is US carries this out independently regardless to effects elsewhere though I don't think can happen in ways described like earthquakes as the magnetosphere is very weak to start with

http://www.phy6.org/stargaze/FAQs1.html
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
You keep hearing it cos you spend too much time on crank youtube channels tbh.
Reply 28
What's really tragic is that a far-fetched Bond Film plot is more realistic than this ridiculous conspiracy theory.
Reply 29
I wish you conspiracy theorists would stop haarping on about this.

:awesome:
Reply 30
its possible....

well so is the theory that it was actually caused by a giant hamster who lives under japan which ran out of the food left by the half gerbil half bumble bee god called Bob and had a panic attack

it was a tragic act of nature due to fault lines.
Reply 31
I "debunked" it a few days ago on here using energy.

I came to the conclusion that whatever HAARP is (I've heard of it numerous times before but I couldn't tell you what people *think* it is), it would need to have released ten thousand times what the entire planet uses in energy in a year.

Simply NOT POSSIBLE unless someone has developed a ridiculously powerful and efficient power source, didn't bother to tell the energy industry and then has nothing better to do than cause misery to countless thousand civilians. And THEN there the question of actually creating the earthquake. Theoretically it would be possible via resonance, but a device which could do that would be far too large to go undetected. I would guess it would need to be at least a few hundred km in diameter (if we're talking about a speaker cone type device) if not vastly more.
Nothing worse than conspiracy theorists with no grasp of geology. Daft as a brush OP, daft as a brush!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending