Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's a picture from Sky News where in my opinion they've been a bit sloppy, they were broadcasting outside Nick Clegg's home and they've got the name of the street in the shot. This might seem insignificant to you, but virtually every other news channel/newspaper blocks out the street name when reporting from a polticians home, eg. any video you see of Cameron and Cleggs home, they always blur the name of the street, for privacy but probably more for security reasons, which makes you think they're conscious enough to go to the effort in the first place.

In the background you can see his street name and even his postcode right infront of his house which is ridiculous in the day of google street view and given the fact that every video/picture of him in the news makes it abundantly clear which one he lives in. Is there anyone I can report this to to get it taken down or do you not think it's a big deal? I'm just think about those hooligans we saw protesting about tuition fees and worse, but then again its one of the first results in google images. Do you think the authorities are aware of it?

ReputationRep:
    You can easily access his details online. As he's a constituency MP, people have the right to contact him to express concerns about local issues, so no, it isn't that big a deal.

ReputationRep:
    Don't lie, nobody has their postcode displayed on their house lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheLawMakesMeHot*)
    Don't lie, nobody has their postcode displayed on their house lol.
    I think he means on the street sign...

ReputationRep:
    third result in google.. hardly seems worth the effort to obscure it.

ReputationRep:
    My old school is 5 minutes away from where he lives :gah:

Also, if you look at it on Google maps there's his name plastered above his house. It really isn't a private thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.