Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester for midwifery?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i am currently in year 12, and have recently taken a shine to midwifery, and i hear Manchester is good??
    But i have no personal experience,
    So is it good uni?
    and what extra things might i need to secure a place presuming i get the grades??

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by 'grades'?
    Are you doing A-levels?

It would look if you got some sort of placement in a medical environment, even a nursing home/nursery etc is better than nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i am doing a levels predicted BBB so it's all good,
    But hospitals etc do not want to take on un trained staff or under 18's for anything to do with midwifery or anything apart from cleaning???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess2594)
    Yes i am doing a levels predicted BBB so it's all good,
    But hospitals etc do not want to take on un trained staff or under 18's for anything to do with midwifery or anything apart from cleaning???
    Any sort of job/experience where you are interacting with people from the community is seen as pretty good, anywhere where you are given some kind of responsibility for others, have you tried local nursing homes/day cares?

I've heard its possible to do work experience at a doctors surgery, but you just wouldn't be able to do it at your local surgery because of privacy issues.

Don't be afraid to ask

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.