Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    if i have a house in my name worth approx. 80grand... will student finance pay me a bursary?

ReputationRep:
    Student finance don't pay bursaries, end of.

They offer loans thats it.

ReputationRep:
    they give maintenance grant.. or the 4 grand whatever that is

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it's income based rather than asset based, so you should be able to get some loan at least.

How would they know you own a house?

ReputationRep:
    Student Finance never asked me whether I owned a house, only asked for my unearned income (wasn't much) and my parents income.

ReputationRep:
    How about you call Student finance tomorrow morning? They will tell you about it. I don't think it would influence since it is based on your parents' income, but still don't take my word and call them up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fidel69)
    they give maintenance grant.. or the 4 grand whatever that is
    Maintainance loan, not grant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffingg)
    How about you call Student finance tomorrow morning? They will tell you about it. I don't think it would influence since it is based on your parents' income, but still don't take my word and call them up.
    hmm.. i guess i'm just a bit worried at losing out on quite a large sum of money

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being asked the value of my house or the size of my mortgage.... so i conclude it must be a 'No'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superman_Jr)
    Serious question guys. What day is it today? I have my phone, watch and laptop saying it's the 9th Saturday but my TV and TSR saying it's the 10th April? Sorry for hijacking this
    At least not on this planet. Everywhere on Earth it's either 10th or 11th April 2011.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superman_Jr)
    Serious question guys. What day is it today? I have my phone, watch and laptop saying it's the 9th Saturday but my TV and TSR saying it's the 10th April? Sorry for hijacking this
    lol.. its the 10th

ReputationRep:
    I deleted my post because it's so embarrassing. I can't believe it's a Sunday? I thought today was Saturday... oh my god.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.