Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,
    I'm currently a year 13 student, going to university in September. I was wondering if there were any organised work experience opportunities at IB/Consultancy firms that I would be eligible to apply for (over the Summer). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I would also like to know this. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    There are some pre-university programmes you can try, search on the Deutsche Bank website but it depends on where you go to uni I think, think also Goldmans have one. Might be a bit late but not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    Hey there,
    I'm currently a year 13 student, going to university in September. I was wondering if there were any organised work experience opportunities at IB/Consultancy firms that I would be eligible to apply for (over the Summer). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Ahh I think you JUST missed the Deutsche Bank "I have a dream" internship for second year A-level students. I think the deadline was last week. Unless of course you applied for it, in which case good luck in getting a place!

ReputationRep:
    Too late for the big firms, I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    Too late for the big firms, I think
    Do you know any small firms that would take yr13 students atm? It is good if I have experience from them when applying to interneships at uni, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    Do you know any small firms that would take yr13 students atm? It is good if I have experience from them when applying to interneships at uni, no?

Not really, this kind of thing usually gets secured through contacts as it often creates a lot of work.

At my last job, we had a guy intern for a while and he was a pain in the ass. Created a lot of work for us, we had to take him out in the evening also. Why did we bother? His dad was the director of big company and client.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    Not really, this kind of thing usually gets secured through contacts as it often creates a lot of work.

At my last job, we had a guy intern for a while and he was a pain in the ass. Created a lot of work for us, we had to take him out in the evening also. Why did we bother? His dad was the director of big company and client.
    Oh I understand. I don't think I can get such contacts right now :P

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let my post be a reason to give up, a lot of this is about tenacity. I'm just saying it can be difficult persuading people to take you on, as a lot of resources has to be diverted towards you before you're useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    Ahh I think you JUST missed the Deutsche Bank "I have a dream" internship for second year A-level students. I think the deadline was last week. Unless of course you applied for it, in which case good luck in getting a place!
    Yeah I had a look at that - I fulfilled all the criteria (minority group, on track for AAB, in the sixth form) except for the "have to live in greater London area" bit
    I would commute for that **** goddamit I did that when I had work experience at Microsoft's London HQ - got pretty tired though lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    Yeah I had a look at that - I fulfilled all the criteria (minority group, on track for AAB, in the sixth form) except for the "have to live in greater London area" bit
    I would commute for that **** goddamit I did that when I had work experience at Microsoft's London HQ - got pretty tired though lol
    That must be a recent addition to the criteria, it was open to the entire UK when I applied a 4 years ago.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.