Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Landie_Man)
    We all dread it, but it happens. I remember, last year, I'd gone over 2 years without hitting an animal, and at 3:30am on the way home from my girlfreinds a badger jumped out and I hit it at 55mph.

I was pretty mortified and stopped to see what it was, if it was a cat or dog I'd have phoned the owner through morals. It jumped right out and I only saw its white stripe so couldn't be sure till I got out and checked

Anyone else hit anything?
    Lol nice try, but badgers don't 'jump out' they're very slow, coincidentally one ran out a few car lengths in front of me tonight, plenty of time to slow down for it though since it was a 30mph and I was only going about that.

I think I hit a few toads/frogs the other day, they were all crossing the road at night. On the same road about 1 in 10 times I get a stupid hare or rabbit, not sure if its the same one, that likes to play in the road and stops when it sees my headlights. I have a few videos on my phone of it running around going crazy then running in a straight line while I crawl along beeping my horn at it at 5mph.

I dare someone to post the pictures of when the guy in america in a subaru forester hit a dear at 80mph. It split in half and emptied its guns plastering the whole interior.

These are less offensive:

"hey guys, whats goin on? I'm just hangin around"

Pictures:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I hit a bird of some kind once, maybe a partridge. It was much more horrific than I would have imagined...a massive bang and explosion of feathers God knows how loud hitting a person would be. But I've also (stupidly) avoided so so many pheasants, rabbits etc, part of living in the country I suppose...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    That's what they all say

FYI:

CLASSIC VID!

Well worthy of rep...

WE almost hit a dolphin on the old speedboat a bunch of times as they would always swim alongside and dodge underneath and round the front and when you turned you got very close to hitting them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hard.Target)
    Lol nice try, but badgers don't 'jump out' they're very slow, coincidentally one ran out a few car lengths in front of me tonight, plenty of time to slow down for it though since it was a 30mph and I was only going about that.
    They can get a decent trot on if they want to - not going to outrun a car or anything.

usually they stop and stare when they're not sure what's happening which isn't always the right thing to do in the middle of a road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzayBT)
    i once found a dying bird by my house and took it in to try and heal it. but it just got worse. to ease its suffering, i snapped its neck. i can still feel its struggling in my hands when i think back on it. what a haunting moment.
    I did that once me and my gran found a injured pigeon outside my house we bought it home and fed it rice, nursed it back to full health and it zhits all over my kitchen before going out. Thanks so much for the cleaning

I couldn't kill it tho OMG! :zomg: :plz2:

(Original post by dreamyeyed)
    I've lightly hit a deer before. I kind of saw it coming and stopped but just managed to tap it. It ran off and seemed to be fine.

Although around where i live hitting rabbits is considered sport! There are so many of them!
    frankly that's disgraceful :rant:

LOOK AT IT JUST LOOK AT IT!! :hare: :bunny:

:emo:

ReputationRep:
    as of yet iv been successful in my dodging
    but i have a friend who hit a pigeon while still learning to drive, a its stuck on the windscreen put wipers on eeww type of hitting a pigeon...
    and a friend who hit a badger did a lot of damage to her little ka... was nasty! most annoying thing is she was in whole line of traffic it just had it in for her

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of birds.It's like they WANT to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samwelln)
    A pigeon ***** slapped me with it's wing once.
    Saw a bloke in Liverpool punch a pigeon out of the air for doing that to him, impressive reactions & fair game imo.

ReputationRep:
    I was with a friend driving to Essex on A12 then immediately a baby deer ran on the road- there is no way my friend could stop and hit the deer.. We stop at the hard shoulder and walk up to find the deer- he was lying flat in pain.. I was truly upset but unfortunately the baby deer died .. My friend front side car was badly damaged..

ReputationRep:
    Oh i thought you meant intentionally hitting an animal, like kicking a dog in the balls for a laugh.

There I was getting all excited, about telling you stories of me smacking the **** out of my cat! :rolleyes:

EDIT: actually considering that there are a lot of people on trs that can't see satire when it hits them in the face, i better point out that this is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    I've taken out a bird of some kind on the old 50cc motorbike before...

It ran to the other side of the road then flew diagonally up towards my face... It hit the top part of my bike then flipped into my helmet as i ducked and just caught my helmet..

considering the amount of blood/feather attached to my bike/helmet afterwards i'd say it died.....

Also, the people that annoy me the most are the ones that endanger human lives by swerving over the road and almost causing collisions to try and avoid hitting a squirrel or tiny bird...
    They'll move 99% of the time and if they don't it's their fault for standing in the road...
    I raged at my mum once for almost killing us in a head on collision once because she swerved to the other side of the road to avoid some tiny rabbit on the road... FFs...
    Damn straight. Some maniac swerved into my lane when we were both doing about 50mph last month, spent about 2 seconds convinced that I was dead before the ****er saw me.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Although everytime I'm driving in the woods I'm scared a deer or something will just pop out of nowhere like they always do. I wouldn't want to get out of my car if I ever hit something especially at night though.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=AdamsStudios;30796110]I accidently hit my dog in the face once. Sitting on my sofa, turned to my side and she was there, swung my arm and it smacked her face Felt bad. O, well. She pisses me off more [/QUOTE

That's awful

ReputationRep:
    killed loads of pheasants over the years. Im sure they have a suicidal streak. So many occasions ive seen them on the side of the road, him staring at me, me staring at him for a couple of seconds and the little dumb bird still runs in front of the car and splat!!

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I hate hitting things. You really can't avoid it sometimes though, particularly where I live. Try removing a pheasant that's impaled itself on a crank handle. And hasn't died. I'm not particularly squeamish, but that had me on the verge of throwing up.

ReputationRep:
    Hit a rabbit once Felt terrible after

ReputationRep:
    I hit a couple of cats in the past 2 weeks The exact same thing happened twice, they decided that they should wait to see my head lights then start crossing the road :sad: Before I could even think to hit the brakes they'd be long gone..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warrenpenalver)
    killed loads of pheasants over the years. Im sure they have a suicidal streak. So many occasions ive seen them on the side of the road, him staring at me, me staring at him for a couple of seconds and the little dumb bird still runs in front of the car and splat!!
    Another of their stupid tricks is to run along in front of your car, take off and fly ahead, then land back in front of the car again (obviously this is at pretty low speeds!)

ReputationRep:
    i recently hit (and killed) a squirrel.

car was fine. phew.

ReputationRep:
    I regard myself as quite the frog murderer I swear when I'm driving home late at night they pick my car especially to hop in front of.

Otherwise, nothing.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.