Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "We hit this deer.."

ReputationRep:
    I thought you meant as in punch a dog in the face of something...I'm not driving because I'm too lazy to get my provisional, but we were going to York once and a few miles out of our village my mum hit a squirrel. I cried for the full hour and a half it took us to get there. The expression on that squirell's face was just tragic

ReputationRep:
    I hit a Pheasant with my first V8. Little ****er bounced off the over-rider and smashed the grille good and propper.
    I kicked it's head in to finish it off.

Another occasion, different V8, I hit a pigeon up the arse. I arrived home to find it wedged in the air intake of the bumper having been partially cooked through from the radiator.

Hit plenty of other things too... squirrels (deliberate), black bird, some more pheasants (also deliberate and they were tasty), couple more pigeons (again deliberate but I didn't try eating those). The most amusing thing about hitting a pigeon is the big cloud of feathers you drive through immediately afterwards.

One of my friends hit a pigeon on this driving test, needless to say, he failed.

on his second attempt he almost hit a postman, yet passed :dry:

ReputationRep:
    I was half asleep in the car and my boyfriend was driving at about 70mph on the motorway, and then out of nowhere a pigeon hit the windscreen at the passenger side.

That definitely woke me up.

Was pretty disgusting with all the blood and feathers on the windscreen and bonnet.

ReputationRep:
    I through a stone at a cowl once.

ReputationRep:
    I did a bit of a death defying swerve the other day to avoid a frog, I'm not sure whether I was successful or not =/ I've never hit anything big yet, kind of dreading that day to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtemisRose)
    I was half asleep in the car and my boyfriend was driving at about 70mph on the motorway, and then out of nowhere a pigeon hit the windscreen at the passenger side.
    You can never fall asleep in the car with my mates... Or even look away from the windscreen.

There's the great "Slam on the brakes and start screaming" act they do.

Luckily the first time it was my mates gf that was asleep and since then i kinda realise it's nothing...

Although me & him did hit a badger a few weeks back. Going along a dual carriageway at about 80 and it ran out from the central reservation straightat our car. Was a hell of a loud bang when we hit that... Car was fine though...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't drive, but whilst on work experience at a vets a badger was brought in that was hit by a car and it had to be put down :sad: And even though it was "dead" after they put it down, it was still making these huge gasping breaths - apparently it's a survival mechanism that kicks in when the brain is starved of oxygen. That was really upsetting to watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    You can never fall asleep in the car with my mates... Or even look away from the windscreen.

There's the great "Slam on the brakes and start screaming" act they do.

Luckily the first time it was my mates gf that was asleep and since then i kinda realise it's nothing...

Although me & him did hit a badger a few weeks back. Going along a dual carriageway at about 80 and it ran out from the central reservation straightat our car. Was a hell of a loud bang when we hit that... Car was fine though...
    My boyfriend does that when he wants me to talk to him. He suddenly gets "kangaroo petrol". It's annoying, especially when he is the reason you woke up so early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtemisRose)
    My boyfriend does that when he wants me to talk to him. He suddenly gets "kangaroo petrol". It's annoying, especially when he is the reason you woke up so early.

ReputationRep:
    Hit a cyclist once.

(he was fine)

On a more serious note, I think we hit a pheasant once

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less if I accidentally hit an animal. There are far more suffering/dying humans who deserve our empathy.

ReputationRep:
    I hit a little bluetit or something the otherday, it flew right out in front of my car like a second before hit it, knew I did as I heard a little thud.
    Nothing else though, on the road to my boyfriends house there's always, pheasants/hares/other things running out in front, but the road is that quiet (little country road) most of the time you can actually slow down/stop if there's no one else behind you.

My mum saw a dead fox one night on her way home from work and there were tworeally young cubs, so she stopped to get them so they obviosuly wouldn't get run over but they ran.

My dad hit a duck a few months ago =\

Sometimes you can't avoid it then,
    I got moaned at by my bf the other week for slowing down on a fast road for a pheasant. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    My mom hit a pigeon once. Well the pigeon hit us. It flew into the wind shield and its chest ripped open. I have no idea why it was flying so low.
    Cause they're stupid animals

ReputationRep:
    there was an accident locally where this stupid bint swerved to avoid a rabbit (FFS!) and ploughed into an oncoming car. I stopped to see if anyone was hurt and she didn't even care that she'd crashed into an old couple's car, all she kept saying was "Is the bunny ok?"
    I despair at people sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    I remember when my brother hit a dog in his transit. (dont worry it wasnt out with its owner or anything, it looked like a wild dog) to be true, we had a difficult time identifying what it was, nothing is goin to look pretty after a 60mph collision with a van. dented the front and such but his attempt to clean out the vans grill was pretty feeble too, the smell after a week or so was disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    I hit women all the time.
    Oh right, in a car...
    Nope, haven't hit any animals whilst driving.

ReputationRep:
    I ran over a rabbit I was on a country road, it jumped out. I couldn't have done anything... I still feel so guilty.

ReputationRep:
    I ran over a rabbit the first time I drove on my own. It was just chilling in the middle of the road and didn't even try to move. Blinded by the headlights or something i guess. Anyways, I had to check the car when i got home at night with a torch to see if i had rabbit stuck in my grill. Luckily not.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.