Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I've been waiting for my grants and loans details from SFE and I have actually noticed they've changed very significant details from my application (which I have printed as evidence, just in case) to those on the website for me to edit, the problem I have is that I'm under 25 but I have a child and I have been supporting myself for the last 5 years. When I try to change the application details on their website, it won't let me change the bit about supporting myself, and they have completely removed anything about my son!!
    It says:

Support details
    Have you supported yourself financially for a total of three years or more prior to the start of the first academic year of your course? No
    THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG AND I CAN'T CHANGE IT!!

Do you have any children who will be totally or mainly financially dependent on you during the academic year 2011/12? No
    ALSO WRONG, BUT I CAN'T CHANGE IT

I also want my app to be income assessed and I'm really worried because they haven't asked for any evidence!!

Please someone help because I'm fed up of constantly ringing them and they don't do anything!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm in a similar boat to you.

They have my course information down wrong and when I go online to change it (like they have told me to) it won't let me!

Rang them so many times and have been told different things by different people.

They really haven't got a clue what they are doing.

I think there must be a technical problem with the website though.

Can anybody help??

ReputationRep:
    I have just found they have changed my supporting details too. They have been making up our income figures ever since current year's assessment and have changed the figures we have just submitted which were fully suporterd by submitted paperwork and accepted correctly by our local authority for our older son.

Who are these people that they think they can over-ride decisions made 2 years ago?

ReputationRep:
    It makes me laugh, I think I've wasted about £50 in phone bills talking about the same thing this week. I'm worried because apparently they don't need me to send any info in, other than the childcare grant form and declaration thing. Surely I should prove I have a child to start with???? What a shambles

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.