Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University students-how often do you go out when you have to get up to lectures early watch

Just wondering as I cannot get up if I have lectures early if I go out on a night out, i'd end up missing it so i'm wondering would this impact my social life significantly? How many times a week on average do you do this? Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    twice mostly. my best friend though, has never been to any lecture before 11, regardless of a night out.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Do you really need to be anon to ask this.

In answer, the best way to do it is to go to the lecture direct from the club. Sure you look a bit rough but at least you put the effort in!

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you get up early? Man up!

ReputationRep:
    I would only go out if I had a 9am the next day, if the day after I had an 11 or afternoon start! Its really not going to impact on your social life! Generally, people go out 1-3 times a week, and one of those will be fri/sat! You should get up after one night out though, jeez!

I went to four consecutive lectures despite being hospitalised in A&E overnight for drinking too much, and only 4 hours of poor quality sleep.
    BEAT THAT!

ReputationRep:
    I think I remember this being asked before, seriously don't worry about it. I can't remember 100% (sorry) but didn't you say you have a medical condition or feel seriously ill the next day? I have chronic insomnia and had mostly nine o' clock's this year so I've only been able to do it once in a while. In first year I maybe went out once a week.

ReputationRep:
    You need 4/5 hours sleep at least imo otherwise you just won't function and you may as well just get the notes off Blackboard instead as you won't be paying much attention in there. So make of that as you will. In 1st year you go out between 2 and 4 times a week often, gradually getting less toward end of year.

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed for an ideal timetable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ratherchloe)
    Why can't you get up early? Man up!
    +rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theamazingconquistadore)
    Fingers crossed for an ideal timetable!
    Is that a rape taking place in your signature?

ReputationRep:
    I can only really afford to go out once a week but I dont care if I have to get up in the morning. Yea Ill be tired but I can sleep when Im dead. Your only young once.

However I will never go out the day before an exam. Even if the exam is in the afternoon coz you need a bit of concentration for them

(Original post by littlehobbit)
    I would only go out if I had a 9am the next day, if the day after I had an 11 or afternoon start! Its really not going to impact on your social life! Generally, people go out 1-3 times a week, and one of those will be fri/sat! You should get up after one night out though, jeez!
    Only go out if you have early lectures, WHAT!

ReputationRep:
    Nobody I know in first year has more than one or two 9am's - I don't have any. You'll probably go out 2-4 times a week (as previously said by someone on this thread) and then not as much towards the end of the year but who cares if you miss a few lectures... I learn nothing in lectures and if I miss them I just get the notes online, same with seminars. (but my attendance is **** so probably not the best person to go by.)

Saying all of that, I'm still averaging 69% so I don't really care

ReputationRep:
    Which means more, mr anon, social life or the lecture?

ReputationRep:
    I have 9ams 4 days a week and 10am start on Monday, and as the only nights when there isn't a decent student night out in Cambridge are Friday and Saturday whenever I go out it's before an early start. Doesn't really matter though. You haven't done an anatomy lecture until you've done one trying not to chunder on the person in front of you at the pictures of dissection.

ReputationRep:
    A couple of times in first year, haven't had any 9ams this year (Thank God) . My department seems to like to test our resolve with our scheduling first year. It's semi tradition that the whole year lectues of a module (that has assessed essays every two weeks) which no one wants to do is a 9am on a Thursday. With Wednesday being a Union night and a register being taken in every lecture to insure we attend. This year I have had nothing before 10am and this term nothing before 11am. My timetable was brilliant. I wouldn't have gone out the night before if wasn't capable of waking up though. I function fine on a reduced amount of sleep and we joke that History Students are practically nocturnal anyway so it's not too much of a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Is that a rape taking place in your signature?
    I wouldn't like to say for sure. To me though, the black man in the bath is just having a dance, possibly a figment of the pensive nude white girl's imagination :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Only go out if you have early lectures, WHAT!
    if the day after that I had a lay in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theamazingconquistadore)
    I wouldn't like to say for sure. To me though, the black man in the bath is just having a dance, possibly a figment of the pensive nude white girl's imagination :iiam:
    I see..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.