Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually done this?? I'm doing mine next week, and just wondered what it involved? I've heard that you do night driving, country lane driving and motorway driving, but do you do anything else as well??

Merci

ReputationRep:
    My mate did Pass Plus. It's meant to be amazing, not just in terms of lowering insurance etc. it's a massive confidence boost, massively improved his driving skills. I've got friends who have been on the road for years but don't have that same level of know-how/comfort behind the wheel.

Sorry I can't help much with what it actually entails but apparently you cover **** loads of stuff which vastly improves your driving ability. Hope you have a good time! Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pooo)
    My mate did Pass Plus. It's meant to be amazing, not just in terms of lowering insurance etc. it's a massive confidence boost, massively improved his driving skills. I've got friends who have been on the road for years but don't have that same level of know-how/comfort behind the wheel.

Sorry I can't help much with what it actually entails but apparently you cover **** loads of stuff which vastly improves your driving ability. Hope you have a good time! Luck!
    Ahhh ok, thanks so much anyway even though motorway driving might be scary!!

I would rep you, but I've repped too many people today, so I'll do it tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    Ahhh ok, thanks so much anyway even though motorway driving might be scary!!

I would rep you, but I've repped too many people today, so I'll do it tomorrow!!
    No worries man. You'll be fine, just don't sweat it. Though you have no real reason to believe me; I've failed my test 3 times so far and I brick it when i'm in the passenger seat of any car on the motorway. Not cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pooo)
    No worries man. You'll be fine, just don't sweat it. Though you have no real reason to believe me; I've failed my test 3 times so far and I brick it when i'm in the passenger seat of any car on the motorway. Not cool.
    Aww thanks

Oh reallyyy?? how come you failed?? it honestly depends on the examiner and the day really xx

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks

Oh reallyyy?? how come you failed?? it honestly depends on the examiner and the day really xx
    lol nahh I just generally amn't a good driver. Didn't exit the round about for 7 goes because I was so nervous and I kept swearing when I was doing things wrong. My pal said the fact I wore a suit to my practical probably helped fail me. I'm a bus man really. My dahh is well annoyed because he's a builder with 3 vans and he wanted to lay one on me as a 'present' once i'd passed. He was disappoint. Xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pooo)
    lol nahh I just generally amn't a good driver. Didn't exit the round about for 7 goes because I was so nervous and I kept swearing when I was doing things wrong. My pal said the fact I wore a suit to my practical probably helped fail me. I'm a bus man really. My dahh is well annoyed because he's a builder with 3 vans and he wanted to lay one on me as a 'present' once i'd passed. He was disappoint. Xxx
    bahaha oh dear :') ah well when have you got your next test booked for?

ReputationRep:
    bahaha oh dear :') ah well when have you got your next test booked for?
    Lol! Why does everyone ask that? I haveny. I'm either going to wait a few years or just never bother. It's not really a neccesity I live bang in the centre of town, i've got long legs and i'm happy w/o a car. Lowering my carbon footprint ehh plus I couldn't afford the keep. my dah recently had a stroke and my mums been made redundant so stuffs stressful at home, not a good enviro to be learning car stuff/splashing cash on cars. I study at my local uni so never moved out. Don't really need a car tbh. Haha aww man what a depressing wee convo.

Hope you enjoy pass plus!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pooo)
    Lol! Why does everyone ask that? I haveny. I'm either going to wait a few years or just never bother. It's not really a neccesity I live bang in the centre of town, i've got long legs and i'm happy w/o a car. Lowering my carbon footprint ehh plus I couldn't afford the keep. my dah recently had a stroke and my mums been made redundant so stuffs stressful at home, not a good enviro to be learning car stuff/splashing cash on cars. I study at my local uni so never moved out. Don't really need a car tbh. Haha aww man what a depressing wee convo.

Hope you enjoy pass plus!!
    Awww no you can't give up!! haha fair do's.
    well good luck with whatever you decide to do
    I'll inform you how my pass plus goes xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Pass plus is definitely worth doing. It takes money off your insurance and it gives you the confidence for motorway driving which can be quite daunting the first time you do it! Would certainly recommend it!
    Regards,
    Samuel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wardy333)
    Pass plus is definitely worth doing. It takes money off your insurance and it gives you the confidence for motorway driving which can be quite daunting the first time you do it! Would certainly recommend it!
    Regards,
    Samuel
    Ah thanks alot for your advice!!

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks alot for your advice!!
    i know its an old thread but how much did your pass plus cost you? im considering taking it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanchan)
    i know its an old thread but how much did your pass plus cost you? im considering taking it
    erm I think about £160, which I know seems a lot, but it's worth it!

ReputationRep:
    Pass plus is pointless in terms of lowering insurance. You won't get as much of your insurance in comparison to the price the course costs lmao!!

The only benefits of the course is purely for getting more confident. Heck some insurers don't even recognise the course

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth doing a pass plus because I'm only insured on my mums car i don't have my own, would it reduce my insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Pass plus is pointless in terms of lowering insurance. You won't get as much of your insurance in comparison to the price the course costs lmao!!

The only benefits of the course is purely for getting more confident. Heck some insurers don't even recognise the course
    This.

I read on either the Churchill or DirectLine website that they only reduce your insurance by 5%, and that's only for the first year after you've completed it, then it'll go back up again!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually done this?? I'm doing mine next week, and just wondered what it involved? I've heard that you do night driving, country lane driving and motorway driving, but do you do anything else as well??

Merci
    I can do that for free lol. My instructor said I could of done the pass plus, I said no and he basically said it was a waste of time and money anyway because you save hardly any money off of the insurance so I saved myself the £200 or so. When you have driven for a year and collected your 1 years no claims the insurance will drop quite a lot anyway......

ReputationRep:
    yeah my instructor told me after i passed not to bother, and that it didnt save you money on your insurance any more really. Best thing is just to have an experienced driver with you first time you do a motorway at night or whatever

ReputationRep:
    I did it with my original driving instructor, only charged £80 and we only did the motorway driving, as I'd done country lanes and night time driving etc on the normal lessons. I did it more for the help in the car for motorways than the insurance - in fact More Than didn't even accept Pass Plus anyway so it made no difference, and as others have said it's only valid generally by insurers that do accept it for the first year then after that they disregard it.

ReputationRep:
    If you can afford it (whilst accepting it more than likely won't save you any money on insurance) I definitely reccomend doing it.
    It was a huge confidence boost for me because of how different it was to pre test lessons where my instructor would be picking at everything.
    However if you've already done lots of motorway driving (on your own/with friends but not experienced drivers) then you may not need it. I had done two motorway trips with my dad before but still wouldn't have had the confidence to go on my own or with friends, but after pass plus where we joined the motorway like 10+ times I feel much more confident and less scared about it.
    I think its a good refresher to do atleast a few weeks after your test to pick up on bad habits once they have developed.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.