Turn on thread page Beta

Amazon conned me the mother#!*@ers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a little late to mention this now.

But last febuary/march I bought Micorsoft office 2007 on amazon during a promotion saying I'd get Office 2010 for free when it was released if I downloaded in before October 31st 2010.

Anyway, everytime I tried to download it, I would click the link that would take me to the download page and it would take forever to open. Forever as in it could be left fo 30mins and the loading bar wouldn't even be a quater full.

When the bar was full loaded nothing was there to click on. I can't remember if it was page cannot be displyed or a blank page etc as it was too long ago.

Any ideas on what I could do?

P.S. I left it so long because I left for Africa in November, so complaining to amazon was the last thing on my mind. But I do remember trying the download before October 31st and the same thing happened.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Did you think to Email Amazon? Its way to late now though.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried this on a different browser/computer, to ensure that it's not a problem there? Failing that, there's no harm in dropping them an email, though I wouldn't be too hopeful to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Did you think to Email Amazon? Its way to late now though.
    I don't know why I didn't and feel so stupid now.

It think it was because when I tried it first, probably Sept 2010, and it never worked I thought, I'll leave it some other time and it will work.

So when I tried on the 30th/31st (the deadline was midnight on the 31st) and still never worked, I never bothered to get in to it because I was leaving the week after and wasn't concerned about office or amazon tbh

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.