Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been applying for jobs and going to interview non-stop, but it's difficult.

I've sold practically every book/cd/dvd/clothing that I no longer want...

So I've decided to maybe make things to sell online. Suggestions?

I also do surveys, but they only get you a tenner every couple months lol.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Money making machine.

But really I think your best bet of making real money is to get a apply for jobs just keep trying really its the best hope you have.

That or sell yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Money making machine.

But really I think your best bet of making real money is to get a apply for jobs just keep trying really its the best hope you have.

That or sell yourself.
    Brilliant haha

The best way to get money is definitely getting a job. You said you've applied to places and had interviews non-stop, so maybe if you're not getting anywhere you need to improve your interview techniques?

ReputationRep:
    You could busk somewhere...

or you could be one of them dudes who paint themselves all one colour and stand there for ages!! you'd get loads of money for that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Money making machine.

That or sell yourself.
    I don't think I'm that desperate quite yet, but thanks xD

ReputationRep:
    working

ReputationRep:
    or winning bets

ReputationRep:
    I do those surveys too, and you're right about them - definitely not an income, just a bit of a treat.

You say you want to make things to sell - what did you have in mind? Do you have a talent for doing a certain craft? I'm thinking of doing the same thing actually, doing some cool paintings and seeing who'll buy them . Maybe I'll do some textile stuff too. I just need to stop being lazy though, haha.

ReputationRep:
    are you a student at uni by any chance? if so pm me i might be able to tell you about something i started recently

ReputationRep:
    Paper round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I do those surveys too, and you're right about them - definitely not an income, just a bit of a treat.

You say you want to make things to sell - what did you have in mind? Do you have a talent for doing a certain craft? I'm thinking of doing the same thing actually, doing some cool paintings and seeing who'll buy them . Maybe I'll do some textile stuff too. I just need to stop being lazy though, haha.
    You've found a legit survey site? TELL ME.

I'm trying find one, but they are all either fake or pay you very little. Last one I did, they paid me 10p for a 30 minute survey.

ReputationRep:
    Become a chugger. the pay rates are pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheesecakefactory)
    You've found a legit survey site? TELL ME.

I'm trying find one, but they are all either fake or pay you very little. Last one I did, they paid me 10p for a 30 minute survey.
    I use http://www.valuedopinions.co.uk. It's pretty decent :yep:. Though, for some reason it did take me 7 months after I'd joined to earn my first payment of £10. But after that I started earning more frequently . Also, they pay you in vouchers rather than money, but it's still a nice treat, and there's a number of retailers and companies you can choose from. I tend to choose Amazon vouchers most of the time, because then you can choose from a wide range of different products from there.

ReputationRep:
    Claim JSA for a month, you will have about £190. Set aside £40 in the highest paid ISA. You will be left with £150.

Go to the bank and tell them to change the £150 into four £20 notes and the rest £5 notes.
    Every day from now take £5 to the bank and change it into 20p pieces.

Royal Mint are paying £100 for undated 20p pieces which were made during 2008 and there are more than 2000 of these in circulation. I predict that you will come across atleast one of these if you can gather enough 20p pieces and check them. Say you find one and send it to the royal mint, it will take a couple of weeks and you'll get a £100 cheque for trading in the limited edition 20p. You should now have £290 altogether.

Now you start with matched betting, place £200 as a float in betfair and £10 in skybet and follow FTOs instructions to extract the bonus. Couple of tries and practise and you'll get the hang of it. You'll make £1000 in 2-3 months after doing all FTO offers.

Your ISA account will have some interest on your initial £40 deposit. Now you have £1350+.

Sign up with HonestRewards, Myview, quidco, Valued opinions. Quidco do daily clicks making 10p a day, after 3 months thats a tenner. MyView are very good, they'll send you alot of surveys for the first few weeks and you collect points, after 1800 points, you can redeem the points as £15 into paypal.

Now you have £1375. With quidco, sign up for a Halifax Reward account for which you will get £50 bonus from quidco and deposit £1000 into the account, Halifax will give you £5 interest for the month. Slowly extract the £1000 via ATM, not all at once and place it all into the ISA that your previously signed up with any other money you have. If you deposit the £1000 again the next month into Halifax, you'll qualify for another £5 etc until you accumulate £60 for the whole year.

After 1 year, you'll have around £1500 which will be all in an ISA.

ReputationRep:
    Rob a bank!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    Claim JSA for a month, you will have about £190. Set aside £40 in the highest paid ISA. You will be left with £150.

Go to the bank and tell them to change the £150 into four £20 notes and the rest £5 notes.
    Every day from now take £5 to the bank and change it into 20p pieces.

Royal Mint are paying £100 for undated 20p pieces which were made during 2008 and there are more than 2000 of these in circulation. I predict that you will come across atleast one of these if you can gather enough 20p pieces and check them. Say you find one and send it to the royal mint, it will take a couple of weeks and you'll get a £100 cheque for trading in the limited edition 20p. You should now have £290 altogether.

Now you start with matched betting, place £200 as a float in betfair and £10 in skybet and follow FTOs instructions to extract the bonus. Couple of tries and practise and you'll get the hang of it. You'll make £1000 in 2-3 months after doing all FTO offers.

Your ISA account will have some interest on your initial £40 deposit. Now you have £1350+.

Sign up with HonestRewards, Myview, quidco, Valued opinions. Quidco do daily clicks making 10p a day, after 3 months thats a tenner. MyView are very good, they'll send you alot of surveys for the first few weeks and you collect points, after 1800 points, you can redeem the points as £15 into paypal.

Now you have £1375. With quidco, sign up for a Halifax Reward account for which you will get £50 bonus from quidco and deposit £1000 into the account, Halifax will give you £5 interest for the month. Slowly extract the £1000 via ATM, not all at once and place it all into the ISA that your previously signed up with any other money you have. If you deposit the £1000 again the next month into Halifax, you'll qualify for another £5 etc until you accumulate £60 for the whole year.

After 1 year, you'll have around £1500 which will be all in an ISA.
    or just

(Original post by way2saucy)
    Rob a bank!

ReputationRep:
    learn how to play poker.

ReputationRep:
    Low risk betting....

i.e odds of 1/5 for example...

Put £50 on, you win: £10 profit.

Keep doing this... you'll definitely win more than you lose over a month!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I use http://www.valuedopinions.co.uk. It's pretty decent :yep:. Though, for some reason it did take me 7 months after I'd joined to earn my first payment of £10. But after that I started earning more frequently . Also, they pay you in vouchers rather than money, but it's still a nice treat, and there's a number of retailers and companies you can choose from. I tend to choose Amazon vouchers most of the time, because then you can choose from a wide range of different products from there.
    I use that too. As well as uk.mysurvey.com or whatever it is. Used to be called Lightspeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanaBeaton101)
    I use that too. As well as uk.mysurvey.com or whatever it is. Used to be called Lightspeed.
    OK. Is it any better than Valued Opinions?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.