Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    OK. Is it any better than Valued Opinions?
    personally imo, valued opinions isn't all that - the surveys often don't track properly and the pay out rate per survey is incredible low! i've done almost every eligible survey for the past 9 months, and i am yet to make £10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neb1405)
    personally imo, valued opinions isn't all that - the surveys often don't track properly and the pay out rate per survey is incredible low! i've done almost every eligible survey for the past 9 months, and i am yet to make £10
    I made my first £10 in my first 7 months, then after another 3 months I made another £10, and then since I manage to make £10 almost monthly now. So, a bit of a strange pattern, that. I suppose it depends how many surveys you do and how many you become eligible for, cos of course there are some where you won't fit the criteria and therefore won't get paid anything.

The £10 I'm getting every 1-2 months from it at the moment is pretty cool, but if anyone knows any better sites, please let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ijscott)
    Low risk betting....

i.e odds of 1/5 for example...

Put £50 on, you win: £10 profit.

Keep doing this... you'll definitely win more than you lose over a month!
    This is unbelieveably bad advice. Even with perfect odds that reflect the probabilities, you would break even in the long term (every 5 times you win £10, you'll lose £50 once on average with ijscott's example). In real life the odds include an edge for the bookies so you will on average LOSE money, then LOSE even more trying to regain your loses. Gambling ruins lives and bank balances every day, a very bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    There is a safe way of making money from free bet offers called matched betting (I made £4k in a year that way), but don't even consider unless you have an iron will to stay clear of actually gambling your money. If you've ever lacked discipline to give up any kind of vice, it's not worth the risk of temptation.

ReputationRep:
    Keep on applying for jobs. you will get one in the end.
    Also, dont some companies do mystery customer type things. you could try that.

ReputationRep:
    Try forex trading!

I learnt everything i know from: www.babypips.com

You only need a few hundred £ to start out (But most people lost money)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    OK. Is it any better than Valued Opinions?
    I had a pretty good run, but preferring Valued Opinions now. The good thing about the other one is that they give you points and pay out when you get to £3 via paypal or £5 for Amazon, so you don't have to wait as long. They don't send surveys AS often, but still often enough.

ReputationRep:
    1. ?????
    2. Proffit

ReputationRep:
    hold your awesome threads ransom to tsr members

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanaBeaton101)
    I've been applying for jobs and going to interview non-stop, but it's difficult.

I've sold practically every book/cd/dvd/clothing that I no longer want...

So I've decided to maybe make things to sell online. Suggestions?

I also do surveys, but they only get you a tenner every couple months lol.
    Out of interest, where did you sell your unwanted clothing?

ReputationRep:
    Shares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a7860)
    are you a student at uni by any chance? if so pm me i might be able to tell you about something i started recently
    This looks legit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoranglasgow)
    This looks legit
    yea but how legit

ReputationRep:
    hikerme is a really good site check it out will save and make you loads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoWZa)
    If you can get traffic, you'll make money.
    Do you mean a website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGC773)
    Try forex trading!

I learnt everything i know from: www.babypips.com

You only need a few hundred £ to start out (But most people lost money)
    How much money would you say you've made from it so far? How much did you originally invest?

ReputationRep:
    . Paper round

. Selling yourself on street corners :hump:

. Babysitting, cutting people's lawn, walking their pets e.t.c

. Dealing drugs

. If your buying anything online use a cashback site

*Cough* :gthumb:

. Buying some stuff and selling for more to people at school (from chocolate bars to laser pointers), don't get caught though. I made £5 off some electric shock chewing gum lol. Sometimes charge people for me to buy them stuff they want off the net.

. Busk :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yer more internet st00f:

. Design and sell clothing/accessories - try Zazzle and Spreadshirt

. If you get enough views for your videos then you might be able to apply to be a Youtube partner and possibly get paid for getting views on videos. Theres probably other video sites that pay you for views too but I'm not too sure.

. If your good with the blogging, your own website and what not you can probably sell advertising space and what not, maybe get paid per click for certain links

ReputationRep:
    oh yea, i don't know if i've mentioned this - you might want to check out the 'matched betting' thread on tsr as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    Claim JSA for a month, you will have about £190. Set aside £40 in the highest paid ISA. You will be left with £150.

Go to the bank and tell them to change the £150 into four £20 notes and the rest £5 notes.
    Every day from now take £5 to the bank and change it into 20p pieces.

Royal Mint are paying £100 for undated 20p pieces which were made during 2008 and there are more than 2000 of these in circulation. I predict that you will come across atleast one of these if you can gather enough 20p pieces and check them. Say you find one and send it to the royal mint, it will take a couple of weeks and you'll get a £100 cheque for trading in the limited edition 20p. You should now have £290 altogether.

Now you start with matched betting, place £200 as a float in betfair and £10 in skybet and follow FTOs instructions to extract the bonus. Couple of tries and practise and you'll get the hang of it. You'll make £1000 in 2-3 months after doing all FTO offers.

Your ISA account will have some interest on your initial £40 deposit. Now you have £1350+.

Sign up with HonestRewards, Myview, quidco, Valued opinions. Quidco do daily clicks making 10p a day, after 3 months thats a tenner. MyView are very good, they'll send you alot of surveys for the first few weeks and you collect points, after 1800 points, you can redeem the points as £15 into paypal.

Now you have £1375. With quidco, sign up for a Halifax Reward account for which you will get £50 bonus from quidco and deposit £1000 into the account, Halifax will give you £5 interest for the month. Slowly extract the £1000 via ATM, not all at once and place it all into the ISA that your previously signed up with any other money you have. If you deposit the £1000 again the next month into Halifax, you'll qualify for another £5 etc until you accumulate £60 for the whole year.

After 1 year, you'll have around £1500 which will be all in an ISA.
    Wow thanks pal

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.