Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What the **** is the point of toes. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello I feel really stupid for writing a thread about my little toe but it is so painful that I just have to.

I stubbed my little toe really hard on a wooden table leg and it hurt like the devil for a while, as they always do. I took my sock off and felt it, it felt okay, no bleeding or anything, eventually pain went down to a manageable level. Then a few minutes later when I was walking (rather, limping) I felt a sudden sharp pain in my little toe and now I can't lift my foot or toes past their normal angle without unbearable pain. It feels like something is pulling my little toe downwards if that makes sense. I am scared to move my foot very much at all because the pain is so acute - it makes me gasp.

Does anyone know what might be wrong? And is there anything I should be doing about this or is it just a case of manning up until it feels better?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derp)
    Hello I feel really stupid for writing a thread about my little toe but it is so painful that I just have to.

I stubbed my little toe really hard on a wooden table leg and it hurt like the devil for a while, as they always do. I took my sock off and felt it, it felt okay, no bleeding or anything, eventually pain went down to a manageable level. Then a few minutes later when I was walking (rather, limping) I felt a sudden sharp pain in my little toe and now I can't lift my foot or toes past their normal angle without unbearable pain. It feels like something is pulling my little toe downwards if that makes sense. I am scared to move my foot very much at all because the pain is so acute - it makes me gasp.

Does anyone know what might be wrong? And is there anything I should be doing about this or is it just a case of manning up until it feels better?

Thanks
    You might have damaged the tendon. Keep a bandage around it

ReputationRep:
    I came on here ready to tell you the importance of toes. Turns out you don't want to know :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Please do not man up and just leave it as it is, it sound like you have damaged something a nerve perhaps. Get to the doctors and check it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdoovde1)
    You might have damaged the tendon. Keep a bandage around it
    Toes help with balance.

ReputationRep:
    Put it in warm water and let it soak. See if you can move it in the morning, if not go to the hospital.

ReputationRep:
    fetishes

ReputationRep:
    Toes assist the human while walking, providing balance, weight-bearing, and thrust during the gait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    I came on here ready to tell you the importance of toes. Turns out you don't want to know :cry2:
    I know! I got so excited thought we would have a debate about toes.

****, what a let down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    I know! I got so excited thought we would have a debate about toes.

****, what a let down.
    I know...just when I thought I had a use for the 'Phalanges' power-point I prepared last month...BOOM, it gets thrown back in my face

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha oh my I don't mean to stifle an intelligent debate about toes! Please go ahead, I would like to know.

Thanks I will see how it is tomorrow and maybe go to docs if necessary

ReputationRep:
    Balance innit.

And epic wrinkleyness in the bath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    I know...just when I thought I had a use for the 'Phalanges' power-point I prepared last month...BOOM, it gets thrown back in my face
    Phalanges eh :sexface:
    Sorry, it just sounds dirty when i know it isn't .

ReputationRep:
    This was a bigger disappointment then... A big disappointment!

ReputationRep:
    Toes are essential to know exactly what the piggies got up to when your 4 years old:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derp)

Thanks
    Try and move your toe with your fingers up and down. If you can do that through a decent angle without unbearable pain, there shouldn't be a problem. If the pain is localised at a certain angle, then just try and keep the toe flat, couple days you should be fine. If it gets to unusual levels of pain then just go see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    I can play jenga with my toes, does that count as useful?

ReputationRep:
    "The pain is so acute, it makes me gasp"

Lol

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a broken toe to me

ReputationRep:
    Yes sounds like you definitely need to see a professional, in the meantime heres a few interesting (albeit pointless) facts about your feet haha :

http://www.foothealthcare.com/shop/f...ut_your_feet_1

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.