Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My sex drive has completely gone:( watch

So yea, as the title says i have completely lost my sex drive, I don't have any sexual thoughts anymore, I don't feel turned on by anything and when my i get into bed with my bf i just don't feel like having sex i don't feel like i want it.

Anyone else had this problem and/or know anything i can do?

and would it be stupid to go to the doctors?
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried with some sprays or lotions based on herbal mixture..My BF had some problems like you and went to doctor, from then I'm ok with his sexual performance..
    Best regards oliva

ReputationRep:
    Have you started taking any new medication or anything like that? Because that can sometimes affect sex drive, you should go see a gynecologist, they could probably help.

ReputationRep:
    No it won't be stupid to go to the doctor, that is normal thing (at least should be in a girls/womens life)...
    I'm studying at university but at same time go to work ... this is very stressful living for me but I live it 2 years .. so I need to go to my gynecologist, coz I don't have so time to spend on me and my body, this is helpful for me (he is my friend now)....

ReputationRep:
    I can empathise. I'm putting it down to being constantly tired and a bit frazzled. Or I'm also wondering if it could be my pill. You need to make sure you talk to your boyfriend about it though, because if he doesn't understand what you're experiencing he might be in a huff that you've gone off him or something.

ReputationRep:
    From experience; definately talk to your boyfriend about it. Mine got super huffy about it and thought it was his fault/i didn't find him attractive any more. Arguments galore.

At least when you talk to him about it, he'll know it's not his fault. Are you on the pill or anything? That killed my sex drive completely. Maybe if you're stressed or overly tired too?

ReputationRep:
    You can always try some new Hormonal medications .. There are a variety of medications available in Pharmacies and online pharmacies ..... So don't lose Hope and confidence...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So yea, as the title says i have completely lost my sex drive, I don't have any sexual thoughts anymore, I don't feel turned on by anything and when my i get into bed with my bf i just don't feel like having sex i don't feel like i want it.

Anyone else had this problem and/or know anything i can do?

and would it be stupid to go to the doctors?
    thanks.
    I had that problem.Why? Because my partner doesn't attracts me anymore.I have sex drive when i think of someone else that attracts me,but with him no.I lost my passion for him...The only splution for me now is to think about some other guy when i'm having sex with my bf.So stupid,but that's the way it is.

ReputationRep:
    Are you on the pill or any other medication? That could be why.

Maybe do more foreplay, or go shopping for some things

I have exactly the same problem which has resulted this morning in a huge argument and my boyfriend even asking if I'm sleeping with someone else.
    I'm hurt because I feel like there's nothing I can do about it, I love him and I want to be intimate with him but when it comes down to it, I just don't feel like having sex.
    I have really low body confidence which doesn't help but I seriously feel like there's something wrong with me. Plus I feel awful because my boyfriend feels like I'm pushing him away and he's doing something wrong or I'm not attracted to him. What was initially my problem is now bringing him down too.
    Sorry for using this thread as a vent but I don't know where to turn.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.