Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hakz*)
    *Muslim*

Not trying to be funny or anything. It's just that your mistake was constant throughout this thread.
    Not trying to be funny or anything, but I intentionally used "Moslem", just as I would use "mediaeval" and "gaol"; that was no mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Not trying to be funny or anything, but I intentionally used "Moslem", just as I would use "mediaeval" and "gaol"; that was no mistake.
    Why couldn't you just use the right word?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hakz*)
    Why couldn't you just use the right word?
    I did. "Moslem" is a perfectly correct variant for those who follow Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    I did. "Moslem" is a perfectly correct variant for those who follow Islam.
    I follow Islam. You are right by the way. I just thought you didn't know how it's correctly spelt. Apologies mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowledgemofo)
    Prove Islam - any religion, tbh - has some grounding in its believe which isn't mythical hearsay and I might consider.
    I was the same as you, before I did some research and started giving it thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    I was the same as you, before I did some research and started giving it thought.
    Good timing for this post. I was just about to do some further research on Islam in general. So going by your post, after said research plus giving it some thought... I should share your sentiments on the matter?

ReputationRep:
    if i want to go around wearing hot pants and a tube top, showing off my very very white (almost blue!) skin, then i will. and i wont stop just because some muslim tells me its wrong. nor will i stop binge drinking, doing drugs or having casual sex with my boyfriend.

i <3 my life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowledgemofo)
    Good timing for this post. I was just about to do some further research on Islam in general. So going by your post, after said research plus giving it some thought... I should share your sentiments on the matter?
    Maybe. I would argue that the vast majority of people who do proper research into Islam with a truly open mind will find themselves converting. It's common that very devout Christians/Jews or the most militant anti-Islamic folk convert..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MutantGecko)
    if i want to go around wearing hot pants and a tube top, showing off my very very white (almost blue!) skin, then i will. and i wont stop just because some muslim tells me its wrong. nor will i stop binge drinking, doing drugs or having casual sex with my boyfriend.

i <3 my life!
    You'll stop if it's the law, though.

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah.. cos doing drugs and having sex is public places isnt against the law :rolleyes:

but seriously, if this became a muslim country (which it wont, we havnt even had a non white prime minister yet!) i will move to america, i want to live in New York City anyway

ReputationRep:
    I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, I have a rising interest in Islam, and so too do many other White people in this country and other Western nations. There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lim-faith.html
    yes i look forward with relish to stoning a woman to death for the crime of being raped. It will improve the moral standing of our country no end.

ReputationRep:
    Really? Currently the law prevents under age drinking, yet practically every teenager does at some point. Likewise the law prevents doing drugs, however a massive amount of people have done drugs at some point. Likewise if the law were to stop sex outside of marriage, it would hardly stop happening. You merely need to look to the states such as Saudi Arabia that prohibit gay sex, however gay sex is common amongst the younger generations, far more so than Western nations that allow it.

The law is a pretty ineffective way of stopping petty/minor 'crimes' happen.

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah.. cos doing drugs and having sex is public places isnt against the law :rolleyes:
    I said if.

but seriously, if this became a muslim country (which it wont, we havnt even had a non white prime minister yet!) i will move to america, i want to live in New York City anyway
    Good, you do that.

ReputationRep:
    I said if.

thats my point.. most of my recreational hobbies are against the law now, so i wouldnt just stop doing drugs because there was a different law against it :rolleyes:

i think a key difference between muslim and wester countries are the values of its population, i mean, you could probably get the middle east to follow muslim laws because they believe it, but most of the western world would just laugh in your face if you tried to enforce it on non muslims.

for example, i know the vast majority of muslim people would never do drugs, because they believe it is wrong, however non muslim people dont see it as wrong and do it for a laugh.

i think that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Is this the new version of "Keep calm and carry on."?
    what a fantastic boost to moral :L somehow the home office wont be plastering that to tube stations in ww3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tesphena)
    I fail to see a problem with materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, and casual sex.
    Me Neither, that's why I'm Muslim and LOVE this Country.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were a "liberal". A modesty law doesn't sound very "liberal" to me.

ReputationRep:
    The only word for this is authoritarian.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.. No offence but that's the whole problem with the vast majority of people. "The reasons are valid, the points are good, but no. Just no."

People so set in their ways and traditions that they can't see a good thing due to their knee-jerk reactions to a name that has been demonised by the media..

Just no. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liam1994)
    Just no. :rolleyes:
    Exactly :|

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.