Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    Miracles of the Qur'an? Blind anger?
    Well, I'm outta here, I'm ain't talking to no crackpot.
    Yep. Frustration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Yep. Frustration.
    150 negative reps from a single thread.
    You lucky mofo!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theconomist)
    150 negative reps from a single thread.
    You lucky mofo!!!
    Yeah, the bigots of TSR dislike it when they hear anything other than what they want to hear

ReputationRep:
    Dissatisfaction with our way of life doesn't make fundamentalist* Islam, the antithesis of our state of morality, correct by default. You're talking as if there are only two possible states, "us or them", completely ignoring the fact that many left wingers and liberals share your view. It's a false dichotomy.

On another note, I do find it amusing that you propose Islam as the "cure" to our materialism because large chunks of the Qu'ran detail the handling of possessions, not limited to slave ownership. Islam gave rise to one of the largest and most productive societies in human history, the Ottoman Empire... and it was very much a materialistic empire.

* I mean this in the strictest sense of the word. I know many Muslims who partake in the partying lifestyle which you seem to loath, and that includes my cousins from Turkey who pray when they aren't out getting pissed in Taksim. Ergo, I'm interpreting your comment to refer to stricter Islam, and not the relatively secular ones we all know in person.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.