Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    I personally believe we can combine democracy and Islam, so I am not endorsing a dictatorship. We already have an authoritarian government.. CCTV cameras everywhere, extremely strict laws on guns, anti-White policies such as positive discrimination, and so on.
    Why resort to a restrictive ideology like Islam to feel you are embracing 'morals'? All other religions (including Christianity) espouse similar principles, but with arguably less controversial aspects.

The majority of people following what you call 'degenerate western' values aren't adhering to any religion, so why feel you need to adopt a Middle Eastern religion when there are half a dozen others that would give you the same sense of personal morality and spiritual well being?

Plus there's nothing 'immoral' about an occasional beer or bacon sandwich.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I personally believe we can combine democracy and Islam, so I am not endorsing a dictatorship. We already have an authoritarian government.. CCTV cameras everywhere, extremely strict laws on guns, anti-White policies such as positive discrimination, and so on.
    None of these are signs of an authoritarian regime.

ReputationRep:
    your point is?...

i hate how everyone goes all racist and everyone is obsessed with religion now.cant it be a personal thing,why do you need to write it on forms etc...

people take things too seriously these days,religion is definitely one of them,probably the most seriously taken now correct me if im wrong.really though,everyone should be able to choose their own belief.you cant force someone to believe in something they just cant believe in.i really feel for all the kids who're secret converts in families fearing to be disowned,abandoned,honour killings etc...religion is being taken too far now.i believe religion 'owning the world' needs to stop here.people can be christians,muslims,atheists,jews ,agnostics whatever they want to be!and they can believe in it.and it can be a part of their personal life...but why is it so important in our public life?and even personal?

what has the world come to.

ReputationRep:
    There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight.
    Let's compare it to Islamic lifestyle/culture; honour killings, child marriage, bigotry, religious extremism and a complete aversion to any criticism of Islam.

Give me a 'Western' lifestyle any day.

ReputationRep:
    No it isn't. The sooner you cretins realise Allah doesn't exist, the better.

It might encourage you to become better people instead of the scum you currently are.

ReputationRep:
    I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, I have a rising interest in Islam, and so too do many other White people in this country and other Western nations. There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lim-faith.html
    If you havent already, Youtube is a great source for people considering Islam. Most, like you said are white westerners, mostly women but they will share the same emotions you feel. Diff people have different "triggers" which makes up their mind to convert (revert) - whether it be the Science contained or how it's a system that wipes out alot of the worlds problems etc..

For example the things it forbids are some of the main sources of problems, charge of interest (financial crisis), Sex before marriage (STIs, children being raised in single parent homes, rape), Racism, animal cruelty, lack of women's right to education etc...

But, I dont think TSR is the best place for this thread. Have a look on youtube, a simple search as to "why I converted" etc.. have a look at speakers/debates. Overall it's just a great source to get more knowledgeable and will also give you the chance to see the people who are in your position - and what influenced them

ReputationRep:
    Islamicifcation is a terrible thing!

Britain is a Christian country with Judeo-Christian and secular British values and that's the way it should stay.

ReputationRep:
    I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, I have a rising interest in Islam, and so too do many other White people in this country and other Western nations. There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lim-faith.html
    Why do I get the nagging feeling that you're not white? I'm not saying you aren't, it's just from your post, you sound like an already born Muslim masquerading as a white guy who's 'fascinated by the religion;' to try and fuel your ego. If you are who you say you are however, then I apologise.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Jesus would approve of sharia law.

ReputationRep:
    True democracy goes hand in hand with secularism, any educated man understands this.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah cos Islamic countries with their mile high skyscrapers and gold and marble palaces totally aren't about consumerism and materialism. I think Britain should close off all immigration and deport all Muslims to the Middle East so they can live in the harmonious sanctity of Islam and shalln't be corrupted by evil western ways any longer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bosch)
    And an evil, twisted faith that includes such things as violence towards women, oppression, forcing thier religeon, and opposing those who don't share thier faith, will that be better?

And thats not even mentioning the many extremist Muslims, brainwashed by a book about a peadophile (Quran)

And yes it's not all Muslims who do that, but there is a damn lot of them who do, more than any other religeon.

Islamification would be terrible for this country, it DOESN'T work in the East, and it WON'T work in the West. Islam just brings trouble.

The Quraan is not about a pedophile you moron. Nor is it evil or twisted. Keep such comments to yourself, your talking utter BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visa)
    Yeah cos Islamic countries with their mile high skyscrapers and gold and marble palaces totally aren't about consumerism and materialism. I think Britain should close off all immigration and deport all Muslims to the Middle East so they can live in the harmonious sanctity of Islam and shalln't be corrupted by evil western ways any longer!
    It's up to the individuals on whether they allow themselves to be corrupted by western cultures and habits, and it's up to those individuals to prevent themselves to be corrupted.

On another note:

Some of you here are just talking out your backsides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el scampio)
    I don't think Jesus would approve of sharia law.
    Clearly you havent done your reading? He is one of our prophets. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deema)
    Yeah, but the point is that you can vote whether or not to have the Sharia Law. It isn't a necessity. So if a majority want the Sharia Law and vote it in then obviously they must follow the Sharia rules, just as if you voted in Liberals or Labour or Conservatives you would have to follow their respective decisions. When the elections come round people are at liberty to vote in or out the Sharia Law.
    If Shari'a were on the ballot and was voted in, it would be one man, one vote, one time, because in Shari'a it would be apostasy and merit the death penalty to try and replace Shari'a.

ReputationRep:
    To the OP:
    If you are tired of these mindless behaviors, that is good. Why not try looking to the classics of the Western tradition like Aristotle, Seneca, Cicero, Marcus Aurelius, Epictetus, and Boethius and more modern thinkers like Spinoza, Hume, Kant, Bentham, and Bertrand Russell? I think you will find that the West has an enormous tradition of meaningful insight into life, culture, and conscience that is sadly neglected today.

ReputationRep:
    Are you already a convert to islam or are you thinking of converting to islam?
    Whichever I hope your journey goes well for you.

(Original post by HumanNature1992)
    If you havent already, Youtube is a great source for people considering Islam. Most, like you said are white westerners, mostly women but they will share the same emotions you feel. Diff people have different "triggers" which makes up their mind to convert (revert) - whether it be the Science contained or how it's a system that wipes out alot of the worlds problems etc..

For example the things it forbids are some of the main sources of problems, charge of interest (financial crisis), Sex before marriage (STIs, children being raised in single parent homes, rape), Racism, animal cruelty, lack of women's right to education etc...

But, I dont think TSR is the best place for this thread. Have a look on youtube, a simple search as to "why I converted" etc.. have a look at speakers/debates. Overall it's just a great source to get more knowledgeable and will also give you the chance to see the people who are in your position - and what influenced them

ReputationRep:
    It sounds pretty fun, a little like transfiguration. I'm all for it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna have to stop you right there ...

I have nothing to say, I just wish you would stop posting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    god knows how many asylum seekers fleeing despots would kill to have your place in our society...
    Being Islamic or Muslim has nothing to do with asylum seekers wanting to flee to Britain?

What are you trying to suggest? :confused:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.