Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArabian)
    Well, that's your opinion. If you apply Islamic law, your opinion won't matter any more. Laws will be imposed on you and on your countrymen. With democracy, you can vote for whatever you think is the right way to run your country.
    The OP is not taking about the moment one puts pen to paper to tick a box; he's on about lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)

Why would I leave just because of the culture of the majority? It doesn't mean that my personal "culture" is affected.
    How can your personal culture not be affected if all around you is

highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight.
    as you put it? You obviously don't like those around you.

What worries me is that in other threads you have argued vociferously and unanalytically for the freedom to carry a pistol and you also claim to be a survivalist. It might be safer for the rest of us if you emigrated to an Islamic country as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bosch)
    And an evil, twisted faith that includes such things as violence towards women, oppression, forcing thier religeon, and opposing those who don't share thier faith, will that be better?

And thats not even mentioning the many extremist Muslims, brainwashed by a book about a peadophile (Quran)

And yes it's not all Muslims who do that, but there is a damn lot of them who do, more than any other religeon.

Islamification would be terrible for this country, it DOESN'T work in the East, and it WON'T work in the West. Islam just brings trouble.
    lol learn the facts about a particular subject, because listening to media and other people (who also lack knowledger) will only make you look totally stupid. Firstly you shouldnt judge something if you dont know the facts.
    True islam does not promote violence towards women, their is no opression nor forcing religion as it clearly states in the quran "there is no complusion in religion..", and it clearly says that people who are jews, christians, and believers of other faiths; any party of them who truely believe in god and the hereafter and do good deeds, no fear shall come on then nor shall they grieve, their reward shall be with their lord.

Secondly EXTREMISTS are NOT true muslims, for if they were, they wont be doing those horrible acts. Im not a muslim, (but i want to convert soon to ahmadiyya islam which seems more logical and true and their argument compared to other sects of islam has totally satisfied me to a degree that i no longer hold the idea that islam is terrorists and bad (i use to think that) but now i know through research and ahmadiyya muslims what the true islam is, unfortunetly the "so called muslim countries" potray a distorted message of islam, which infact is troublesome and is not the true islam).

ReputationRep:
    Britain is traditionally a Christian country. I'm a firm atheist, but if anything, Britain needs to either stay Christian, or become secular, not "Islamified" as you put it. I'd rather put up with a few people spouting weird religious theories and knocking on my door if I've found God yet (I looked behind the sofa but still no sign!) than a few idiots getting on planes or going into crowded areas and killing hundreds or thousands of people, in the name of the god who would, if Britain was to turn to Islam, be the god of the religion of this country. I think I would move to France.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pax Amerifauna)
    If Shari'a were on the ballot and was voted in, it would be one man, one vote, one time, because in Shari'a it would be apostasy and merit the death penalty to try and replace Shari'a.
    No, you're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d_star)
    Im not a muslim, (but i want to convert soon to ahmadiyya islam which seems more logical and true and their argument compared to other sects of islam has totally satisfied me to a degree that i no longer hold the idea that islam is terrorists and bad (i use to think that) but now i know through research and ahmadiyya muslims what the true islam is, unfortunetly the "so called muslim countries" potray a distorted message of islam, which infact is troublesome and is not the true islam).

Alhamdolilah. I hope your journey to islam goes well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, I have a rising interest in Islam, and so too do many other White people in this country and other Western nations. There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lim-faith.html
    Is this all some sort of cunning plan so you get to marry 5 wives and beat them when they get out of line? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deema)
    No, you're wrong.
    What? Why wouldn't people who reject the Shari'a, after it's been imposed, become murtadun and thus halal u'l-qatal? If I'm wrong, correct my understanding, don't just say I'm wrong and not explain what is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    If you havent already, Youtube is a great source for people considering Islam. Most, like you said are white westerners, mostly women but they will share the same emotions you feel. Diff people have different "triggers" which makes up their mind to convert (revert) - whether it be the Science contained or how it's a system that wipes out alot of the worlds problems etc..

For example the things it forbids are some of the main sources of problems, charge of interest (financial crisis), Sex before marriage (STIs, children being raised in single parent homes, rape), Racism, animal cruelty, lack of women's right to education etc...
    The charge of interest wasn't the reason for the financial crisis.

People wouldn't have written entire books on it if the answer was 3 words long.

ReputationRep:
    islamification is a awful thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siwelmail)
    Whenever I hear Islam I hear terrorism in my head echoing, that's not being racist, that's just looking at a trend
    1.5 billion Muslims in the world ( and still increasing at an alarming rate, regardless of any media attempt to scare people of Islam with false propaganda), in the last 10 years, around 80 so called 'muslims' have been involved in a terrorist attack in the UN, that's 0.000005% of the overall population, if you think that's a trend, then it's pretty obvious your not the brightest tool in the shed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, I have a rising interest in Islam, and so too do many other White people in this country and other Western nations. There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

oh shut up, people should be allowed to live the life the way they want and not have governments and religion stopping them doing this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    Britain is traditionally a Christian country. I'm a firm atheist, but if anything, Britain needs to either stay Christian, or become secular, not "Islamified" as you put it. I'd rather put up with a few people spouting weird religious theories and knocking on my door if I've found God yet (I looked behind the sofa but still no sign!) than a few idiots getting on planes or going into crowded areas and killing hundreds or thousands of people, in the name of the god who would, if Britain was to turn to Islam, be the god of the religion of this country. I think I would move to France.
    France have the second largest Muslim population in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    How can your personal culture not be affected if all around you is

as you put it? You obviously don't like those around you.
    Fair enough, but that doesn't warrant me leaving my homeland. If a person e.g. emigrated here from China even though they hated the culture, there are obviously more reasons than simply the culture.

(Original post by Good bloke;30879348What worries me is that in other threads you have argued vociferously and unanalytically for the freedom to[B)
    carry a pistol[/B] and you also claim to be a survivalist. It might be safer for the rest of us if you emigrated to an Islamic country as soon as possible.
    Technically that's wrong, I'm pretty sure that I was arguing that I simply should have the right to be able to purchase one, but whatever - even if I did, why would that worry you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pax Amerifauna)
    What? Why wouldn't people who reject the Shari'a, after it's been imposed, become murtadun and thus halal u'l-qatal? If I'm wrong, correct my understanding, don't just say I'm wrong and not explain what is right.
    Because I've had this conversation countless times.

1) Apostates are not killed for leaving Islam. Those who are "halal u'l-qatal" are soldiers/ warriors/ fighters within war. The references to apostates in the Quran is towards the apostates who then attacked the Muslims and therefore Allah made it halal for them to be killed. Otherwise, there is NO compulsion in religion. People may convert and revert as many times as they wish, their fate is with Allah.

2) The Sharia Law can be voted in or out for a few reasons. Firstly, it is presented as the ideal method of ruling a country, however it is not compulsory to be carried out in order for people to be considered Muslims. Let's take your consumption GDA as an example. The average GDA is between 2000-2700 calories per day. You can go above and below that on a daily basis and you can get fat, thin or maintain your weight. Generally speaking, you're more likely than not going to live despite the lack of adherence to the GDA. Secondly, at certain times the Sharia Law is not the best thing. For instance if you're overweight, eating within the GDA isn't going to help you return to a healthy weight, you would probably have to eat less than the GDA so that the deficit would return you to normality. I know I've outstretched the metaphor but do you get what I'm trying to say? Voting it out doesn't mean you're going against the will of God, it means either fewer people are Muslim or more people believe a different method will benefit them. Sharia Law is only really properly implemented domestically now anyway (marriage, divorce, wills, etc).

The Sharia Law is so much better than people make it out to be. So most of the stuff you hear about from these stupid Imams on TV spouting out sh i t is for their own gain. If you want to know the truth about the Sharia Law and Islam I suggest you pick up an unadulterated copy of the Quran with an English translation/ analysis and find out for yourself.

ReputationRep:

Society is not functioning, drugs, alcohol, rape, murder, hypocrisy, lies, adultery, theft etc

It is actually one of the reasons why people convert to Islam, since it doesn't allow any of these things. Many people want to fill a hole in their lives, find some purpose. You can't get better than Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras17)
    society is not functioning, drugs, alcohol, rape, murder, hypocrisy, lies, adultery, theft etc

it is actually one of the reasons why people convert to islam, since it doesn't allow any of these things. Many people want to fill a hole in their lives, find some purpose. You can't get better than islam.
    then **** off to a muslim country you hypocrate ****

ReputationRep:
    And I welcome the day every Islamist and Radical is shown the door with a boot not far behind.

ReputationRep:
    materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide
    You do realise this is a student site and that pretty much sums up your average student's lifestyle?

ReputationRep:
    Go live in pakistan as a white muslim for a while, maybe then you'll understand better how good is islamification and if you really want it.

I personally, don't praise the materialistic, sex, drugs all of that in excess, culture either.

But, I don't think any religion, like islam or christianity is by any means better way of life than just, living in this country and yourself not being materialistic, sex obsessed brainless drug addict or something.

I think it's just bullocks that many white people are turning to islam, don't think many do and most I've seen look like they're just forced to act as if they're muslim and they sometimes look abused to me.

Another view of mine, is that muslim people are all way more about money, being rich and powerful, and eager to satisfy this desire to be just rich, than anyone else.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.