Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martynas_UK)
    Go live in pakistan as a white muslim for a while, maybe then you'll understand better how good is islamification and if you really want it.

I personally, don't praise the materialistic, sex, drugs all of that in excess, culture either.

But, I don't think any religion, like islam or christianity is by any means better way of life than just, living in this country and yourself not being materialistic, sex obsessed brainless drug addict or something.

I think it's just bullocks that many white people are turning to islam, don't think many do and most I've seen look like they're just forced to act as if they're muslim and they sometimes look abused to me.

Another view of mine, is that muslim people are all way more about money, being rich and powerful, and eager to satisfy this desire to be just rich, than anyone else.
    What Muslims don't tell you is that 2 out of 3 reverts give up Islam after three years on average. And more Muslims are leaving Islam than reverts are embracing it in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish)
    What Muslims don't tell you is that 2 out of 3 reverts give up Islam after three years on average. And more Muslims are leaving Islam than reverts are embracing it in the UK.
    I have a feeling that you haven't read my post till end.

But, I don't find it surprising, that many give up it after a while. It's just a pity that more people don't realise it's a **** of a religion so is christianity, it's all based on bullocks that people interpret how they want nowadays to make some point to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pax Amerifauna)
    To the OP:
    If you are tired of these mindless behaviors, that is good. Why not try looking to the classics of the Western tradition like Aristotle, Seneca, Cicero, Marcus Aurelius, Epictetus, and Boethius and more modern thinkers like Spinoza, Hume, Kant, Bentham, and Bertrand Russell? I think you will find that the West has an enormous tradition of meaningful insight into life, culture, and conscience that is sadly neglected today.
    Good post, however for the vast majority of British people those names will mean nothing. Sad as it is.

ReputationRep:
    Islamification of the culture without the rule of law can be great. Visit a place like Dubai, Kuwait, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi . the culture is Islamica;y influenced but the law isn't full Shariah law, the crime rates are virtually non-existent despite the place being very multicultural.
    You'll never feel safer anywhere else on earth walking at 2pm knowing that not drunkster would harass you.
    Whereas living in somewhere like Saudi Arabia where you're not allowed to wear shorts, you could get executed for drug smuggling, cinema is illegal because "its of the work of Satan", women are to cover up and aren't allowed to drive and are to stay at home to look after their husband and kids is a bit too extreme to my taste.

After all what comes Christianity less foreign to Britain than Islam, both come from the same region.
    Islamification doesn't mean the same thing as Pakistanation though..

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how confining your freedom with rules based on a religion (which is, essentially, fiction designed to fool and control the masses) is a step forward from a liberal, western, way of life. While I agree that the western culture is generally seen to lack morals, I don't think that taking a step back is a valid solution.

That would be somewhat similar to us solving the global warming problem by forcing society to go back to a pre-industrial lifestyle instead of trying to develop new technologies.

Or we might have to face the fact that we, as a human race, are to a certain extend immoral by our nature. But then again the subject of morality is highly subjective, some people may see casual sex as being wrong because they where brought up in a religious environment while those who aren't affected by the blackmail of religion may not see it as immoral. So before you go and set the boundaries of morality in stone, you might need to bring up better reasons for them, than those written in a book.

I don't really know what my over all point is, but its 5am, so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustMee)

I don't really know what my over all point is, but its 5am, so yeah.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James82)
    You do realise this is a student site and that pretty much sums up your average student's lifestyle in the UK/other Western countries?
    Fixed it for you. Believe it or not, the whole world doesn't follow your Western culture.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Fixed it for you. Believe it or not, the whole world doesn't follow your Western culture.
    Judging by your post you know nothing of Western history philosophy science ect.

Really you just sound ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Judging by your post you know nothing of Western history philosophy science ect.

Really you just sound ignorant.
    Just because you personally believe something is ignorant means nothing. I'm not talking about traditional Western culture, I'm talking about Western culture right now. Get it?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Just because you personally believe something is ignorant means nothing. I'm not talking about traditional Western culture, I'm talking about Western culture right now. Get it?
    And you have a very limited ignorant understanding of it.

Plus wanting what amounts to a dictatorship instead is just plain twatish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tesphena)
    I fail to see a problem with materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, and casual sex.
    You are the living proof of how degenerate our society has become.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayred)
    You are the living proof of how degenerate our society has become.
    Could you kindly step down from that high horse for a moment and explain briefly the probably with materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, and casual sex? They make people happy, so I really do not see a problem with them. I'm still a moral person, its just my morality is clearly a little updated from your 16th century morality.

ReputationRep:
    I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, I have a rising interest in Islam, and so too do many other White people in this country and other Western nations. There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lim-faith.html
    To many idiots that's what I say, Islamification isn't a good thing, and I pray it doesn't turn up in the UK? We don't need it here, Is this a third world country where you have to walk miles for water? No? send it back to the deserts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ras17)
    Society is not functioning, drugs, alcohol, rape, murder, hypocrisy, lies, adultery, theft etc

It is actually one of the reasons why people convert to Islam, since it doesn't allow any of these things. Many people want to fill a hole in their lives, find some purpose. You can't get better than Islam.
    I didn't realise that British law allowed rape or murder. You have to point out which section the British penal code promotes this behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    While consumerism, materialism, etc etc is an issue with Western society, I would much prefer that in comparison to many Islamic countries where women have no rights, you get stoned for insulting ficticious religious characters and corruption is present. While is despite a capitalistic dominant government, there's nothing worse than a religiously dominant one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deema)
    Because I've had this conversation countless times.

1) Apostates are not killed for leaving Islam. Those who are "halal u'l-qatal" are soldiers/ warriors/ fighters within war. The references to apostates in the Quran is towards the apostates who then attacked the Muslims and therefore Allah made it halal for them to be killed. Otherwise, there is NO compulsion in religion. People may convert and revert as many times as they wish, their fate is with Allah.

2) The Sharia Law can be voted in or out for a few reasons. Firstly, it is presented as the ideal method of ruling a country, however it is not compulsory to be carried out in order for people to be considered Muslims. Let's take your consumption GDA as an example. The average GDA is between 2000-2700 calories per day. You can go above and below that on a daily basis and you can get fat, thin or maintain your weight. Generally speaking, you're more likely than not going to live despite the lack of adherence to the GDA. Secondly, at certain times the Sharia Law is not the best thing. For instance if you're overweight, eating within the GDA isn't going to help you return to a healthy weight, you would probably have to eat less than the GDA so that the deficit would return you to normality. I know I've outstretched the metaphor but do you get what I'm trying to say? Voting it out doesn't mean you're going against the will of God, it means either fewer people are Muslim or more people believe a different method will benefit them. Sharia Law is only really properly implemented domestically now anyway (marriage, divorce, wills, etc).

The Sharia Law is so much better than people make it out to be. So most of the stuff you hear about from these stupid Imams on TV spouting out sh i t is for their own gain. If you want to know the truth about the Sharia Law and Islam I suggest you pick up an unadulterated copy of the Quran with an English translation/ analysis and find out for yourself.
    I have to ask: Are you Ahmadi? You definitely don't sound like a Salafi or for that matter most traditional Sunni Muslims. I currently am working through reading the Qur'an in Arabic as a personal project and am currently on al-Tawba. (I had 2 years of Arabic in college, and I've read the Qur'an in English). However, I'm not sure if reading the Qur'an really is a big help on understanding Shari'a seeing as most of the rulings are derived from the Hadith and the rulings of the 4 main schools of jurisprudence. It just seems like saying "go read the Qur'an" is more of a way to deflect criticism than actually engaging an argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pax Amerifauna)
    I have to ask: Are you Ahmadi? You definitely don't sound like a Salafi or for that matter most traditional Sunni Muslims. I currently am working through reading the Qur'an in Arabic as a personal project and am currently on al-Tawba. (I had 2 years of Arabic in college, and I've read the Qur'an in English). However, I'm not sure if reading the Qur'an really is a big help on understanding Shari'a seeing as most of the rulings are derived from the Hadith and the rulings of the 4 main schools of jurisprudence. It just seems like saying "go read the Qur'an" is more of a way to deflect criticism than actually engaging an argument.
    I think you're avoiding the fact that I replied directly to your question by asking me what sect I belong to and telling me that I'm deflecting. I don't belong to any sect. I reject the idea of sects. I believe in Allah, his messengers and that the Prophet Muhammed is the final one. I use the Quran as my guide as it is the word of God, it is the only text that I can fully 100% trust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deema)
    I think you're avoiding the fact that I replied directly to your question by asking me what sect I belong to and telling me that I'm deflecting. I don't belong to any sect. I reject the idea of sects. I believe in Allah, his messengers and that the Prophet Muhammed is the final one. I use the Quran as my guide as it is the word of God, it is the only text that I can fully 100% trust.

Well if you reject sects and only rely on the Qur'an 100%, then of course your idea of Shari'a is going to differ from the traditional Sunni interpretation of Shari'a, which is what 90% of Muslims are and advocate for, and I think that is supremely relative to whether, when we speak of Shari'a, we're talking about the Shari'a of Deema, or the Shari'a of Sunni Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, I have a rising interest in Islam, and so too do many other White people in this country and other Western nations. There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lim-faith.html
    You're just a troll. I'm not so sure you're even white.

But, regardless... you don't need to do any of those things, like alcohol and drugs. A lot of people don't, and a lot of them are not Muslims.

Islam brings much worse problems than any consumerist lifestyle. Look at countries that are ruled under it. People with different religions are forced to sign declarations under blasphemy laws to say they will embrace Islam again and never leave. Christians in these countries violently murdered for believing in something different. The poor people that do become slaves to this religion find themselves in such a organised ritual, they are afraid to break free of it, because it becomes all they know. Afraid to be seen without their veil. And you have to remember, there is no changing your mind. Once you're in the circles, you'll be too afraid to leave. It's not taken very well by other Islamists. After all, they are obsessed with power and domination.

By embracing Islam, you are essentially revoking your own culture and throwing it away. It's a shame you have no respect for where you're from, and who you are and the Western civilisation that has progressed and done more for humanity than most other civilisations on this earth.

However, the number of 3rd generation immigrants embracing atheism and our culture much outweighs any number of people turning to Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tesphena)
    Could you kindly step down from that high horse for a moment and explain briefly the probably with materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, and casual sex? They make people happy, so I really do not see a problem with them. I'm still a moral person, its just my morality is clearly a little updated from your 16th century morality.
    Materialism poses many problems as the person it affects struggles to see life beyond its physicalities and as a result, lose their morality which can have detrimental effects on others. The scale of this varies, but in extreme cases of materialism murder, theft, famine, etc takes place.

According to the Telegraph 15,000 people in the UK die from alcohol-related diseases. Not to mention the other problems alcohol causes such as anti-social behaviour. Everyone is entitled to alcohol but when your child is binge drinking at the age of 14 I don't see the morality in that.

If by "casual sex" you mean getting drunk, having sex with anyone you can get your hands on then that is immoral in my opinion. Young children, and girls in particular need to learn how to protect and respect their bodies otherwise STDs, teenage pregnancies and whatnot will soar like never before. There is nothing wrong with having "casual sex" with a partner, however.

The biggest killer in the UK is tobacco. Too many young children are experimenting with cigarettes because of what they see. Consequently, not only does smoking harm the smoker but also family members, co-workers and others who breathe the smoker's cigarette. Among infants to 18 months of age, secondhand smoke is associated with as many as 300,000 cases of bronchitis and pneumonia each year. Despite our healthcare system, the UK has one of the highest stillbirth rates in the world and the highest in Europe - disgusting. Tobacco will never be beaten however reprisals against this 'phenomenon' could be made. Perhaps you, sir, fell victim to your parent's smoking during pregnancy as you clearly lack the sufficient brain cells to fathom the immoralities on the aforementioned issues regarding the world today.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.