Turn on thread page Beta

So I just have been kicked out of university... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well because I never attended. When I go to my student finance my tution fee, loan and grant are blocked, before they wasn't blocked but now it is, if I do leave it blocked that would mean I wouldn't need to pay half of my tution fee, but wont get a grant and loan in return?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adz3d)
    Well because I never attended.
    Therein the problem lies...

ReputationRep:
    You should have attended then, shouldn't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adz3d)
    Well because I never attended. When I go to my student finance my tution fee, loan and grant are blocked, before they wasn't blocked but now it is, if I do leave it blocked that would mean I wouldn't need to pay half of my tution fee, but wont get a grant and loan in return?

Aside from the fact that I would personally prefer banks not to just give out money to idiots who can't attend their classes, at least you're expected to pay a loan back. But how could you possibly expect them to give you your grant? The number of people that work hard and struggle to pay their way through uni and yet you expect free money for never attending. TSR doesn't normally get to me but you, sir, are an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adz3d)
    You'll need to contact your university to find out what your liability is for the fees.

ReputationRep:
    If you've just been expelled after the second semester then I think usually you have to pay 2/3 of the fees. Different universities have different policies though.

ReputationRep:
    So they didn't need to "kick you out", you weren't there anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Re apply at another uni, idealy one suffering with financial problems themselves. They may accept just to get paid, and then you will get paid your grant and loan.

ReputationRep:
    Can we keep replies sensible and constructive please?

(Original post by Adz3d)
    OK, what is your objective? Why did you create this thread?

I don't really know what you're asking. But if you want to know how much you're liable for in terms of fees contact the university. If your loan and grant has been blocked, and you have left the university, it is unlikely you'll receive them. You will need to repay the full amount of loans you have received so far (plus interest) but you will not need to repay grants.

ReputationRep:
    Have you handed in assignments and attended exams so its just the lectures you have missed and is it just this semester?

ReputationRep:
    YOu should have attended if you didn't want to get kicked out...

And regarding fee payment, contact your university...

ReputationRep:
    Well what I would like to know is the fact, My grant, loan and TUTION FEE has been blocked, getting deregisterd from my university probabley means I won't get my grant and loan but the fact it says my tutuion fee has been blocked too.

On Student Finance "Blocked" means my NI number is not correct or my bank details ain't correct, but actually they both are correct, and it changed from approved to blocked a few days ago.

As it stands the 2nd half of my tution fee ain't been paid for and since the university has deregistred me, would I still need to pay that back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adz3d)
    Well what I would like to know is the fact, My grant, loan and TUTION FEE has been blocked, getting deregisterd from my university probabley means I won't get my grant and loan but the fact it says my tutuion fee has been blocked too.

On Student Finance "Blocked" means my NI number is not correct or my bank details ain't correct, but actually they both are correct, and it changed from approved to blocked a few days ago.

As it stands the 2nd half of my tution fee ain't been paid for and since the university has deregistred me, would I still need to pay that back?
    Ring up both student finance and the university.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest a BSc in Mickey Mouse studies wasn't going to get you far anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ultimate mashup)
    Re apply at another uni, idealy one suffering with financial problems themselves. They may accept just to get paid, and then you will get paid your grant and loan.
    I hope you're joking. This solves nothing, and makes no sense.

OP: You need to contact your uni/student finance. My guess is that the majority of the people on TSR have no experience of this sort of problem because they actually bothered to attend their classes.

ReputationRep:
    Contact your uni!

Youll probably have to pay back any grants youve received and you will have to pay for any tuition/loans you have

ReputationRep:
    If you're asking do you need to pay back what they paid your uni already then yes, you do. If you're asking do you need to pay for the rest of the year then it depends on your uni. Anything they let you borrow, you have to give back.

Also, I assume you'll only be allowed 3 more years of financial support, should you choose to continue at another uni, so you'll have to be careful not to mess it up this time.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why a uni should be able to kick someone out for not attending, you're paying them a lot of money to be there. You can't kick a crappy lecturer out when they don't turn up or give a boring lecture and you're paying for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hard.Target)
    I don't see why a uni should be able to kick someone out for not attending, you're paying them a lot of money to be there. You can't kick a crappy lecturer out when they don't turn up or give a boring lecture and you're paying for them.
    moron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adz3d)

I sincerely hope that you will be liable for full tuition fees. I am delighted to tell you that you will also be required to pay back pro rata the grant immediately. You will of course not get any further grant or loan.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.