Turn on thread page Beta

Is verbal abuse from bouncers allowed? watch

Not sure if this is the right place, but I wasn't sure. Anyway, I went to a club tonight with about 6 or 7 friends and my sister. They all got in excluding my sister who never had her I.D with her. I got asked for I.D and told it was fine, until I got asked again from another bouncer, who then claimed I was using my sisters I.D (I wasn't). We do have similar features, but do not actually look anything alike. Anyway, after waiting on my friends to come out, my sister and the bouncer exchanged words. The bouncer called her names such as " Little mongo" and swore repeatedly. I was wondering if this was actually allowed and if I was to phone up and put in a complaint, would anything actually happen?

Sorry for long story guys, but kind of angry just now! x

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately this happens a lot. You could complain about it, but really what's the point? The vast majority of bouncers are ********s anyway. This is common knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    A one off event is not worth complaining about. If it happens a second time, you should probably complain.

(Original post by WeekendOffender)
    Unfortunately this happens a lot. You could complain about it, but really what's the point? The vast majority of bouncers are ********s anyway. This is common knowledge.
    Yeah I've noticed :/ This guy seemed particularly out of order though, most just say "not tonight". I would be happy even if his boss was to speak to him about it, I suppose it's unlikely though!

ReputationRep:
    Lets be honest here your sister probably done alittle more than 'exchanged words' because she didn't get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not sure if this is the right place, but I wasn't sure. Anyway, I went to a club tonight with about 6 or 7 friends and my sister. They all got in excluding my sister who never had her I.D with her. I got asked for I.D and told it was fine, until I got asked again from another bouncer, who then claimed I was using my sisters I.D (I wasn't). We do have similar features, but do not actually look anything alike. Anyway, after waiting on my friends to come out, my sister and the bouncer exchanged words. The bouncer called her names such as " Little mongo" and swore repeatedly. I was wondering if this was actually allowed and if I was to phone up and put in a complaint, would anything actually happen?

Sorry for long story guys, but kind of angry just now! x
    No, they're not allowed to conduct themselves in that manner, but it's your word against his (and his colleagues). Little point pursuing it.

(Original post by johnnn)
    Lets be honest here your sister probably done alittle more than 'exchanged words' because she didn't get in.
    Yeah because you were there... She said it doesn't matter because the place we were going wasn't great anyway. Was looking for helpful advice, not comments from someone who thinks they know it all

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    No, they're not allowed to conduct themselves in that manner, but it's your word against his (and his colleagues). Little point pursuing it.
    Suppose so, I'll probably give it a try anyway, just wanted to make sure that they weren't allowed to behave like that. Thanks for helpful reply !

ReputationRep:
    Many bouncers are power-tripping thugs that perversely get off on others' (especially male) misfortune. Unfortunately the experience is all part of getting into clubs; if there was a way of dealing with them they wouldn't behave like such idiots.

ReputationRep:
    No they shouldn't talk to you like that however it is their word against (assumingly) an annoyed, drunk person who would want to get back at a bouncer after being knocked back.

ReputationRep:
    Strictly speaking I'm sure bouncers aren't 'allowed' to verbally abuse customers but as pointed out it's your word against his. You'll probably cause yourself more headache by actively pursuing this and any complaint would probably just get fobbed off anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what 'Little Mongo' is supposed to mean but it sounds racist, in which case it is completely unacceptable.

ReputationRep:
    You can complain if you feel it would help. As others have said, it'll most likely have no effect whatsoever. If you really want to do something, see if you can find out the bouncer's name, perhaps by getting a female friend to ask, and go to the local paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah because you were there... She said it doesn't matter because the place we were going wasn't great anyway. Was looking for helpful advice, not comments from someone who thinks they know it all
    I don't think i know it all . I know from experience that when people don't get into clubs it doesn't follow with polite words and hugs and kisses...

ReputationRep:
    Dont if you want to be allowed in again. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    yes

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.